A20-OLinuXino-MICRO Crashes

Started by spelle, July 21, 2014, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelle

Hey there ! :-)

I have an A20-OLinuXino since Christmas (thanks to my girlfriend). I could  install a Debian image on it. It was running Ok. We had to move from where we were. I thus had to shutdown the board. I restart the board few month ago and the problems began.

It was impossible to have the board booting since then I tried to reinstall the image, etc...

I finally had a system booting and could make some tutorial for the fablab where I am a member (http://fablab-robert-houdin.org/wiki/doku.php?id=tutoriels&DokuWiki=3b477de71438bb9b5283d3b746b3fd32 - in french) in order to push for the A20-OLinuXino rather than RPi.

I observe a strange behavior : everything goes well after a fresh new install. But after a while the Board stops running...

And impossible to get it back running except by redoing a fresh OS install.

Any idea of what's happenning ? How can I get more info ?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.

MBR

Did you try another SD card, preferably from a different manufacturer? And what kind of errors did you get? (eg. kernel crashes, filesystem coruption, initstripts failed with errors etc.).

spelle

That's the point, I don't know really how to have more info.

Serial console is just locked, can't login in, and have a U-Boot message.
Can't ssh to it, since its crashed, so, no dmesg output available, nor syslog.

Is there a way to turn on debug features in the kernel ?

JohnS

What was the message?

Yes Linux has ways to turn on messages, choose which you want...

SD cards are often buggy so worth trying another.

Also, power supplies are often very bad so again try a better one.

John

spelle

Messages are gone. I didn't manage to log them. I'm using screen ; the potion is -L i guess ?

OK. So by recompiling, I assume. I will find these parameter(s) within the menuconfig ?