QT 4.8.3 on A13

Started by meerd, November 24, 2012, 05:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meerd

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to build a root file system for Linux. I configured and compiled QT as I did before. But I always get:
"error while loading shared libraries: libQtGui.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
error. Even though I configured the paths correctly, QT is always complaining that .so file is missing. I also examined the problem via strace and got this trace:

read(3, "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0(\0\1\0\0\0h\331\24\0004\0\0\0"..., 512) = 512                                                                                                                                                   
lseek(3, 107160312, SEEK_SET)           = 107160312                                                                                                                                                                                         
read(3, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 1520) = 1520                                                                                                                                                 
lseek(3, 11723032, SEEK_SET)            = 11723032                                                                                                                                                                                           
read(3, "A4\0\0\0aeabi\0\1*\0\0\0\0057-A\0\6\n\7A\10\1\t\2\n\3\f"..., 53) = 53                                                                                                                                                               
close(3)                                = 0                                                                                                                                                                                                 
stat64("/opt/qt483_arm_debug/lib", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0                                                                                                                                                           
open("/opt/qt483_arm_debug/lib/libQtGui.so.4", O_RDONLY) = 3                                                                                                                                                                                 
read(3, "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0(\0\1\0\0\0h\331\24\0004\0\0\0"..., 512) = 512                                                                                                                                                   
lseek(3, 107160312, SEEK_SET)           = 107160312                                                                                                                                                                                         
read(3, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 1520) = 1520                                                                                                                                                 
lseek(3, 11723032, SEEK_SET)            = 11723032                                                                                                                                                                                           
read(3, "A4\0\0\0aeabi\0\1*\0\0\0\0057-A\0\6\n\7A\10\1\t\2\n\3\f"..., 53) = 53                                                                                                                                                               
close(3)                                = 0                                                                                                                                                                                                 
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY)      = 3                                                                                                                                                                                                 
fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=28847, ...}) = 0                                                                                                                                                                                   
mmap2(NULL, 28847, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x40110000                                                                                                                                                                               
close(3)           

This means system finds the library and attempts to load it. I do not know why but something goes wrong then it closes the file and continues seeking other directories. So the file could not be found.
Any ideas about this issue?

lordlothar

Where are you trying to compile QT? On olinuxino, or trying to cross-compile it?

meerd

I am (cross) compiling the library on my PC. (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)

lordlothar

I was trying too to cross-compile qt on Ubuntu 12.04, but i had some problems with the webkit. Did you try to re-configure with different options?

meerd

Quote from: lordlothar on November 24, 2012, 08:26:55 PM
I was trying too to cross-compile qt on Ubuntu 12.04, but i had some problems with the webkit. Did you try to re-configure with different options?

I tried not only with different configurations but also with different tool chains. All my attempts failed. Recently, I have compiled the library with "-static" configuration and obtained larger binaries. I hoped it would work or gave me much more informative results to overcome the problem. But, this time I have got an bus error.

root@debian:/# ./animatedtiles -qws                                                                                                                                                                                                         
<3>Alignment trap: not handling instruction ed850b00 at [<40232e1c>]                                                                                                                                                                         
[ 7747.930000] Alignment trap: not handling instruction ed850b00 at [<40232e1c>]                                                                                                                                                             
<1>Unhandled fault: alignment exception (0x801) at 0x7feb31e6                                                                                                                                                                               
[ 7748.060000] Unhandled fault: alignment exception (0x801) at 0x7feb31e6                                                                                                                                                                   
Bus error       

lordlothar

Have you tried older QT version? 4.7 maybe?Also as i can see, you are trying to run animatedtiles with -qws parameter.Have you managed to run the virtual framebuffer, or you are running the app on the native framebuffer?

meerd

I was able to compile QT 4.8.3 and run examples with QT's embedded windowing system (QWS). I am going to share details within the shortest time.

meerd

lordlothar

I did compile QT with virtual framebuffer (qvfb) too, but only 4.7.3 version (except the webkit). In 4.8.3, i can't compile the qvfb.

lorenzo

Hi,

I'm working on Qt to have a better support for OpenGL and gstreamer, but I was not so lucky.
Any suggestions on which toolchain and which Linux distro to use, I had several problems with glibc compatibility.

Thank you.

BR
Lorenzo

isidoro

Quote from: meerd on November 27, 2012, 12:39:31 PM
I was able to compile QT 4.8.3 and run examples with QT's embedded windowing system (QWS). I am going to share details within the shortest time.

meerd
Hi meerd,
I'm tryng to cross compile 4.8.4 embedded qt, but Im stuck on ./configure arguments:

./configure -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -embedded arm -prefix /usr/qtarm/usr/local/qt-embedded \
            -qt-gfx-linuxfb -qt-gfx-vnc \
            -no-largefile -exceptions -no-accessibility -no-qt3support -no-sse2 -qt-zlib -no-gif -no-libtiff \
            -qt-libpng -no-libmng -qt-libjpeg -openssl -no-nis -no-cups -depths 16 \
            -qt-kbd-linuxinput -nomake demos -nomake examples \
            -qt-mouse-linuxinput -qt-mouse-tslib

are they similar to yours?
thanks.