WiFI connection

Started by SlyCom, October 24, 2013, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyCom

I have a problem with my connection. Very often the speed just drops and later the connection stops. I have reboot the board but it doesn't resolve the problem. Any one having similar problem?

My project seems to be stuck as I can use this board :(

davidefa

I always had problems with olinuxino wifi ( I have a board from december ). The connection from the board to my pc ( which I use for development ) dropped every few minutes, which was wery annoying ( and a waste of time ).
I few days ago a decided to pinpoint the problem ( yes after several months of use ) and found that the problem was in my wireless network. Now everithing works as it should.
Another 'problem' is the 'dropped frames counter', not shure if it is a real problem, as I can download reliably large files ( hundreds of megabytes ) at maximum speed.

Lurch

The dropping may be fixed soon.  This was in the A10S forum yesterday:
QuoteTL8188 works reliable as the drivers in linux-sunxi were unreliable, the connection was dropping with some routers. AXP152 GPIO support in Linux-sunxi is broken so patches are need to may compile it
USB-Ethernet-AX88772B had some weird issue with XFCE4 which now is fixed in 3.4
sun5i_defconfig do not produce bootable image for A10S
Wifi is about to be fixed now in A13 and A20 images too as suffer the same problem

SlyCom

I also noticed that after changing my wireless network environment the board is more stable but still sometimes it hangs itself. I'm not sure if it is related to the network but I'm going to consider built external watchdog. I read somewhere that the watchdog in A13 is max 20sec so it's useless as the Linux very often starts up more than in 20 sec.

olimex

indeed default Linux-Sunxi WIFI driver suck big time, and works reliable only with few wireless routers - we spent lot of time until we figure this out, as our wifi router was working fine, but we read many people report problems so we found such router which drops and work unreliable with the WIFI

A10S latest image use Allwinner's WIFI driver and works faster and reliable, now we work to fix the WIFI on A20 image and A13 image will follow

hopefully the new images will be ready by Friday

davidefa

Thanks that's great. Could you explain the 'patches' to apply to the driver?

SlyCom

Great news!
You mentioned about images. Will be debian image fixed as well.

SlyCom

Hi,

Any news about WiFi drivers for A13???

SlyCom

I have three A13 WiFi boards and only one works without hanging. I tested on the same Ubuntu image. I also bought the WiFi USB dongle ("REALTEK RTL8188CUS CHIPSET 802.11N") on eBay. I can confirm that using this dongle boards works without any issues.

davidefa

Please add a photo of the working dongle ( I don't know if a link to the seller is apropriate ). It may be usefull for those having wifi issues.

kizzoalfa

Quote from: olimex on October 30, 2013, 03:37:45 PM
indeed default Linux-Sunxi WIFI driver suck big time, and works reliable only with few wireless routers - we spent lot of time until we figure this out, as our wifi router was working fine, but we read many people report problems so we found such router which drops and work unreliable with the WIFI

A10S latest image use Allwinner's WIFI driver and works faster and reliable, now we work to fix the WIFI on A20 image and A13 image will follow

hopefully the new images will be ready by Friday

Hi I have 5 Android based boards with 7" LCD and have continous WIFI issues.

Will you release also the prebuilt image for Android as well?

I use this build currently: sun5i_android_a13-evb_800x480_LCD_EN_SD.img

Thanks,

Zoltan

Audrys

well,
one needs to admit that wifi on this card does not work at all.
absolute dung that should never been manufactured or sold.

geekything

Having the same issues with Wifi...any news on a better driver implementation?

Thx.

-m

JohnS

I think it would be on the linux-sunxi mailing list.

John