Attaching AT070TN83 Display

Started by MrPec, September 27, 2012, 12:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPec

Hello,

I just designed a small pcb to connect that display. It seems to work, the backlight is working and I can see the android logo.

But the screen is offset, and it is mirrored.

Does anyone know how I can fix that? What kind of display are you going to use with your 7" screen?

Regards,

Alex

LubOlimex

Hello there,

we will be using AT070TN90.

Please double check the schematic or the datasheet for the signals around the LCD connector.

Regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

MrPec

Hi,

I double checked everything. For now, I just pin L/R to 3.3V. I think that I also could toggle the right I/Os to achieve that result, but it works for now...

My problem is... The image is still shifted 2cm to the left.

Is there anything I can do about that? I thought that, because the connection is digital, there could never be something like a shifted image?

Regards,

Alex

MrPec

Ok, I just compiled he sources by myself, and finally managed to pack the whole .img file and... it works!

The pwm backlight freqency seems to be too low, I can hear the backlight and there's a flickering.

MrPec

Ok, it seems that the noise from the backlight is only there if the brightness is reduced. And here is a picture of my setup (yes, I know, I made a mistake on the pcb ;))

sittisaks

MrPec, Can you share a wiring diagram and changes in the code?
Thanking in advance.

lordlothar

Hello, anyone who has done something similar and can share wiring diagram?

olimex

I do wonder as both A13-OLinuXino and A13-LCD7TS have schematic diagrams which show how the LCD is connected to the A13, what else you need to know?

lordlothar

But the thread is about AT070TN83, not AT070TN90 and as far as I know from the datasheets, pin assignment is not the same for both lcds. Connector also seems different from the one on A13-LCD7TS...

JohnS

Really up to the person with the different device to figure it out as clearly no-one else uses it.

That or use the same as others use.

John