Problem Wifi withA13-OLinuXino-WIFI

Started by xyphos07, January 22, 2014, 10:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vellamy

Hi,

I'm trying to solve the problem of the Wifi connection with the A13-Olinuxino board.

The info on: http://linux-sunxi.org/Wifi#8192cu is useless. According to the web:
To fix the problem create a file /etc/modprobe.d/8192cu.conf with the following contents:

options 8192cu rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0

However, this configuration is already set Olinuxino.

Then, I tried to change the Debian image. I used your link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-bAEPML8fwlRHN4UzhrWVhzQms/edit?usp=sharing.

Ah! The answer for the command: cat /etc/debian_version is 7.0

Is this normal? I expected a 9.

I downloaded the file. Then, unzipped the file with 7Zip. After this, I wrote the image on the SD memory.
Nevertheless, The problem persists.
On Android, the board is unable to connect with my wifi network.

I've probed Olinuxino with four different wifi networks, but the same problem.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one with wifi connection problems.So,What is the workaround for this problem?

LubOlimex

Hello vellamy,

The board can't connect to your networks at all? What client are you using for the wifi connection? Did you provid the correct information in /etc/network/interfaces?

The boards are tested for wifi connection before leaving the factory but anything can happen during transportation. If you are convinced that the board is faulty feel free to send it back for inspection/repair/replacement as mentioned in our warranty and returns policy: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/GTC#Warranty

Please include a short description of the problem in the package (or a print of part of this forum topic) to process the repair faster.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

rmcloud

Those of you with wifi problems on the A13-WIFI board!!!!

If you happen to have a CISCO router... do the following.

Go to Wireless-Advanced Settings TAB

change Transmission speed from AUTO to Legacy

I can confirm that this change worked for me and I had the exact same problems as described in this thread! :-)

vellamy

I don't have a CISCO router. So, I can't change the Transmission speed from AUTO to Legacy. However, I can change others parameters such as Multicast rate,54g™ Rate or Multicast rate, basic rate but I don't have the option Legacy, I can chose 1Mbps,2Mbps,5,5Mbps...
What's mean the parameter Legacy in your router?
If It really was a wifi problem, which parameters  I should change? My  router wifi is: COMTREND model AR-5387un provided by JAZZTEL

I've tested Olinuxino with several wifi and always happens  the same, the wifi establish a connection and when I try to something with internet, the connection falls down.

Changing the topic, I detect that the board doesn't be able to reproduce any sound. When I try to do it, the board answer me with the following message: "Audio output failed","audio device could not be used". I suppose that I have to download some files but right now I can't because of the wifi problem.  I'm using the Debian Image 9 that I found in a link of this forum. Where I can find a complete linux version for this board?