Started by JoaoPinto, May 14, 2013, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoaoPinto

Quote from: olimex on May 14, 2013, 11:23:18 AM
Hi
please re-flash the android image on the board with livesuite
Tsvetan

Hello,

I have sourced a windows PC and installed and run LiveSuit V1.09. Following the procedure in "https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A13-OLinuXino#Software", I have:

1. run Livesuit,
2. disconnect the power supply and USB cable,
3. press HOME button,
4. apply power supply,
5. attach USB cable, (in USB_HOST_1. Also tested in the other USB ports including the USB_OTG)
6. release the HOME button

However, nothing happened. Livesuit did not detect any bootloader.

What else should I do?

J

yt7pwr

It will be very handy to have power supply with precise analog Amperage meter. My WiFi board draw around 250mA at 12V (added only bluetooth receiver for keyboard/mouse). When I power the board current is less than 50mA if something is wrong (SD card not correctly inserted for example). It jumps very quickly during boot period. After about 11s VGA is powered up (Debian image) and monitor shows little penguin in left upper corner (for Android image time is much shorter). If your image is headless you need serial cable for debugging. Anyway, constant current consumption could indicate board fault.
Good luck.

JoaoPinto

Quote from: yt7pwr on May 14, 2013, 03:59:26 PM
It will be very handy to have power supply with precise analog Amperage meter. My WiFi board draw around 250mA at 12V (added only bluetooth receiver for keyboard/mouse). When I power the board current is less than 50mA if something is wrong (SD card not correctly inserted for example). It jumps very quickly during boot period. After about 11s VGA is powered up (Debian image) and monitor shows little penguin in left upper corner (for Android image time is much shorter). If your image is headless you need serial cable for debugging. Anyway, constant current consumption could indicate board fault.
Good luck.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. However I have no way to measure the amperage drawn by the board.

I am trying to turn on the board with no SD card in it. I also tried with a SD card with the same problem.

I did measure the potential in the USB ports and they are 5V.

J

JoaoPinto

Quote from: vaishali on May 14, 2013, 03:09:16 PM
hi JoaoPinto ,

if possible please buy a usb to serial cable f.
this will let you know that whether the board is starting or not.
And from the user manual pdf of a13 wifi schematich diagram try to check the connection between vga and a13 processor are coming or not.
check the hardware properly there may be problem in it.

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

How can I check the VGA connection as you suggest? I have tested with a different screen and another VGA cable.

I also noticed that I am unable to re-flash the NAND as Tsvetan suggested. See my previous post. So it may be a problem related to something else, and not only VGA.

Keep in mind that this is my first contact with this board. So if I am doing something wrong, please be kind enough to point it out.

J

BJFreeman

when you press the power button you are turning the board off.
A mistake I made when I first started.
I also mess up my sd disk.
So first take the SD and remove the partitions. you can do this on your windows machine.
next create a new SD from the Debain image.
have the VGA plug into the board
with no power to the board, insert the SD.
Do not press any buttons.
apply power and wait for the login

you are not alone in this experience, just be patient.
Fulltimer since 89

JoaoPinto

Quote from: BJFreeman on May 14, 2013, 05:11:54 PM
when you press the power button you are turning the board off.
A mistake I made when I first started.
I also mess up my sd disk.
So first take the SD and remove the partitions. you can do this on your windows machine.
next create a new SD from the Debain image.
have the VGA plug into the board
with no power to the board, insert the SD.
Do not press any buttons.
apply power and wait for the login

you are not alone in this experience, just be patient.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and motivation.

I was trying to turn it on not using the SD card in order to remove variables from this problem. In any case, I did try your suggestion:

1. I re-did my SD card following the instructions in here: http://olimex.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/building-bootable-sd-card-with-debian-linux-image-for-a13-olinuxino/

2. plugged the VGA cable
3. inserted the SD card
4. plugged the power connector
5. and waited... still no image on the screen.

J

BJFreeman

Fulltimer since 89

JoaoPinto

Quote from: BJFreeman on May 14, 2013, 05:50:05 PM
try this approach to create a SD
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/Prebuilt_SD_card_images_running_debian
for further discussion about R2-18
https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=537.315

Tried several images, including this one:
[Minimal Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS with 3.4.29 kernel by anubis (Alex)]

The problem persists...