March 28, 2024, 10:40:44 AM

snmp

Started by brano, October 13, 2020, 11:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brano

Hello

I was working with Picdem.net2 board 5 years ago. I developed Snmp module for UPS device. I suppose that your demos supports SNMP protocol. Is it right?
Now I have a project with many snmp modules(PIC-WEB) in one network with one module as a manager(Pic32-MAXI-WEB.).Modules are connected to a switch.
I have question if I can compile the demo by the latest SW from Microchip (For example Xc8 does not work in MPLAB X installed on Windows 10. XC16 is working)?
Do I need full version of compilers to make a proper hcomilation?
Can you give me advise if manager module (Pic32-MAXI-WEB.) can manages rest of snmp modules by Set, Get comand?

Thank you,

LubOlimex

The demos we provide usually have a README.txt inside that explains what compiler we used.

QuoteI have question if I can compile the demo by the latest SW from Microchip (For example Xc8 does not work in MPLAB X installed on Windows 10. XC16 is working)?

I the PIC-WEB project was made before XC compilers. I see now that the PIC-WEB demo was made with PIC18 C Compiler 3.47. It is recommended to use same compiler to avoid compilation errors. We haven't had problems using older compilers with newer MPLABX environment, as long as proper compiler is selected in project settings.

The PIC32-MAXI-WEB was compiled with XC32 v1.21, it is recommended to use the same version initially, else compilation errors might occur.

QuoteDo I need full version of compilers to make a proper hcomilation?

No. Free (lite) version is fine. Compilers can be found in the Microchip's official web-site, sometimes located in the archives section.

QuoteCan you give me advise if manager module (Pic32-MAXI-WEB.) can manages rest of snmp modules by Set, Get comand?

Unfortunately, we are not aware of that specific.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

brano

Hello,

Thank you for your support. Can I buy some product from you or from local distributor in Slovakia? Prices in your shop are included of VAT?
I have some more question. Does your demo suport SNMP protocol? I did not see it in documentation.
What are differencies between TCPIP demos in PIC18 and Pic32 boards?

Best Regards
Banic

LubOlimex

QuoteCan I buy some product from you or from local distributor in Slovakia?

Sure you can order directly from us, we ship to Slovakia. We also have a distributor in Solvakia - RLX Components.

QuotePrices in your shop are included of VAT?

Prices are without VAT, read about VAT here:

https://www.olimex.com/wiki/GTC#European_VAT_Registration_and_Exemption

QuoteI have some more question. Does your demo suport SNMP protocol? I did not see it in documentation. What are differencies between TCPIP demos in PIC18 and Pic32 boards?

Which board exactly? I am not sure if SNMP is enabled by default in both projects - these are meant as demo projects. However, even if it is not enabled by default it is usually enabled easily in the TCPIP stack - it is uncommenting one macro, usually called "define STACK_USE_SNMP_SERVER" and rebuilding the project. This is well described in the stack documentation.

brano

Hello

I want to compare boards with PIC32 and PIC18 uControler. PIC32-WEB and PIC-WEB.
Is TCPIP demo similar but compiled for diferent ucontroler?
I remember that I had a problem with MAC addresses in production of my previous SNMP modules. How do you deal with MAC addresses?

Thank you

LubOlimex

Yeah, both projects are based on Microchip TCP/IP Stack 5.42 example from Microchip Libraries for Applications released on 2013/06/15. You can find the original example and documentation at the archives here:

https://www.microchip.com/mplab/microchip-libraries-for-applications

We have applied some changes to fit our specific hardware, you can compare our project with the original to see what.

Edit: you can download any software without the boards; no need to purchase anything to evaluate the available software.