Lime2 and enclosure

Started by splite, August 26, 2015, 02:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splite

Hello,

I going to put the LIME2 in a plastic box and I'm looking for a way to hold the card in this box.

I don't understand how this board has been manufactured as there is only two hole in the PCB to screw it on the bottom box.

Guys, how did you do ?

Thank for any advice.

Florian

Gerrit

http://media.digikey.com/Photos/Olimex%20LTD/A10-OLINUXINO-LIME-BOX.jpg

the 4 slots in the sides of the board are used to lock the board in place, the screw is just to hold the board down

soenke

But if you make your own box you have to use the also LAN and USB-Ports for vertical stability by fixing them in the front plate.

As i needed some more additional components, i made a shield for the gpio-ports and fixed the board with the holes i made through the shield. Now the upward stability comes from the shield, downwards from the 1 screw hole (the other is not really usable) an the LAN-Port, left/right/front/back from the fixations of the shield which are similary placed like the on the picture Gerrit posted and the gpio-connectors.

splite

Nice picture of the enclosure !

I had no choice of doing the same, 4 pillar to lock the board and 2 to hold down, not a really good PCB when you are thinking industrial way !

In comparison the A20-Micro is much better made, only 4 hole to lock the board...