Want to use various peripherals of A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 board

Started by visne, April 28, 2022, 10:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visne

Hello all,

I am having A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-UM board. I want to use various peripherals/functions like I2C, SPI, UART1/2/3 and ADC. I read the user manual but I couldn't get enough information. Is this functions/peripherals accessible through GPIOs? If "YES", then please guide.

Thank you.
Regards,
Vis Ne   

LubOlimex

Yes. A20 chip allows for all you mentioned. Refer to the Olimage guide here:

https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/DOCUMENTS/OLIMAGE/Olimage-guide.pdf

Run command olinuxino-olverlay to explore what is available. Check at the bottom of the document for more information about how to use GPIO, SPI, I2C, etc.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

visne

Thank you for your reply.

In A20-LIME2 board's user manual, in GPIO section no any enough information available regarding whether the PIN is multiplexed with another peripheral or function and if it is multiplexed then which function available on PIN is not mentioned.

Can you please tell the process of how to configure and select UART3 and SPI0 on board through GPIOs step by step?

Thanks & Regards,
Vis Ne

LubOlimex

> In A20-LIME2 board's user manual, in GPIO section no any enough information available regarding whether the PIN is multiplexed with another peripheral or function and if it is multiplexed then which function available on PIN is not mentioned.

You should investigate the schematic of the board and track multiplexing. Even the PDF export is sufficient for this task.

> Can you please tell the process of how to configure and select UART3 and SPI0 on board through GPIOs step by step?

The general approach is already detailed in the Olimage guide. Basically just check if the pins are free in the schematic and then run olinuxino-overlay script.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex