A13 WIFI discharging LiPo battery

Started by kizzoalfa, April 18, 2013, 09:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jess

As far as AXP209 hardware implementation in A13-Olinuxino it certainly looks like out of the X textbook so I figure it should be all right. I agree that it's just a lot of software issues that need to be resolved before the PSM starts to behave as expected. Is anybody working on implementing the driver' changes or able to do it?

As far as Wifi module - when I turn it ON (with 3000mAh battery level of around 20% of its capacity) the whole board just shuts down and I have to restart it. Is it "normal" .... I guess not!

Does anybody has a solid understanding of A13+AXP209 in android environment to tell us how to make that combo to work reliably? Is anybody using a battery powered A13-Olinuxino Wifi?

It's a long and unanswered trail of questions that I placed yet just to get a confirmation from Olimex on LiPo charging current takes forever - and I'm still waiting.... :-)

JohnS

I don't see any Android people doing any of this except maybe at tablet makers who may or may not release their code (even if they should under GPL).

For Linux there are people doing kernel work but quite possibly no-one knows or happens to care about this specific issue - or may not have adequate doc as the AXP stuff I've seen is in Chinese auto-translated to English and is in any case lacking adequate detail I suspect.

Bear in mind the makers need to ship vast numbers.  So, good doc for others, who only buy small numbers, isn't really of much interest to them.

The joys of the bleeding edge!

John

jess

I hear you :) I'm almost ready to ditch the AXP209 and surrounded circuitry in favour of my own LiPo charger and PSM control circuit to achieve what I need and can control in hardware instead.

Thanks,
John