A20 - Android 4.2.2 - LIME2-4GB

Started by juanjo, March 03, 2015, 11:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanjo

Hello to everybody:

First at all, my name is Juanjo and I am newbee here.

Recently I have purchased one A20 - LIME2-4GB NAND.

First, I have to say that torrent images are not the better solution for a new SBC, because that image can be corrupted and they are very sssloooww for downloading. For Olimex is better to have one direct download area for official releases.

Ok, the problem that I have is related to Android. There are some errors when Android is going from user blocking screen to user desktop.

1.- Google account administrator manager has stopped (three times)
2.- Google partners configuration has stopped (three times)

I think also that  Android for this SBC is not a mobile device.

1.- There is not option to avoid screen suspending.
2.- There is no option to configure resolutions from Android. (this is not neccesary at all)

I do not want to be a fussy user, but a tester user.

Please excuse me for any inconvenience.

Thank you very much

juanjo

Noboy have these errors when running Android 4.2.2 in LIME2 - A20 ?

Quote from: juanjo on March 03, 2015, 11:00:16 PM
1.- Google account administrator manager has stopped (three times)
2.- Google partners configuration has stopped (three times)

Only me ?

Regards

JohnS

Nobody posted in your thread in... about 13 hours?  Might wait a bit longer!

(I don't run Android on that board, btw.)

John

juanjo

Yes!!, You are right JohnS !! :)

I'm impatient person!!

Still I have expectations with this SBC, but in the mean time, in my opinion, there is something that is wrong.

03-04 15:37:05.885: E/AndroidRuntime(17354): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
03-04 15:37:05.885: E/AndroidRuntime(17354): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate service com.google.android.gsf.loginservice.GoogleLoginService:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.android.gsf.loginservice.GoogleLoginService" on path:
/system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk

The APK which raises the exception is there. That isn't the problem.

- Perhaps my Android Image is damaged?
- May be that this Android Image is not fully tested?
- Perhaps there is some uncompatibility?

I follow with the investigation.

Thanks

Juanjo

dave-at-axon

I don't run Android on the Lime but I do have it on the A20 and it runs good, even with the Google Apps.

If you want it to stay always on you are going to need to build your own Android version and make custom changes to the OS or consider special always active settings in your app. It can be done as I have done this for a logging app that needs to run 24/7. You need to look at persistence of your app and creating a background service that always runs and get re-started if it crashes.

juanjo

Quote from: dave-at-axon on March 04, 2015, 04:55:28 PM
I don't run Android on the Lime but I do have it on the A20 and it runs good, even with the Google Apps.

If you want it to stay always on you are going to need to build your own Android version and make custom changes to the OS or consider special always active settings in your app. It can be done as I have done this for a logging app that needs to run 24/7. You need to look at persistence of your app and creating a background service that always runs and get re-started if it crashes.

Hi dave-at-axon

Thank you for your response.

Yes, perhaps I need to do some changes in the O.S.

But in the mean time I'm worry for this error that I try to catch.

03-04 15:37:05.885: E/AndroidRuntime(17354): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
03-04 15:37:05.885: E/AndroidRuntime(17354): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate service com.google.android.gsf.loginservice.GoogleLoginService:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.android.gsf.loginservice.GoogleLoginService" on path:
/system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk

As you see, still I don't have any custom application running, because this is an OS error, for this reason I'm worry, because I don't want debug my applications while OS errors exists.

Thanks and best regards

Juanjo

dave-at-axon

I don't think this will cause you an error with your system unless you need the full Google Apps such as play store etc. I see a few errors like this when the OS tries to do something that is missing.

It sounds like the image you have is missing some of the Google Apps apk files.

As I said, building your own Android version is the best way to getting it working the way you want it to.

juanjo

Quote from: dave-at-axon on March 05, 2015, 03:18:16 AM
I don't think this will cause you an error with your system unless you need the full Google Apps such as play store etc. I see a few errors like this when the OS tries to do something that is missing.

It sounds like the image you have is missing some of the Google Apps apk files.

As I said, building your own Android version is the best way to getting it working the way you want it to.

Yes, I know there is nothing to see between my Android applications and the OS error, unless the needed of Google Services.
The problem is that this error is very annoying for each time that Android requires something related to user acconts.

Talking about building Android:

Is the procedure the same as for building A20-OLinuXino-MICRO ?

I answer it because there is no information of sources used for building Android for LIME2-4GB. I can see in the tablet information that Kernel is 3.4.39+ and the Android is 4.2.2 JDQ39 for wing-nck70.

Is LIME2-4GB fully compatible with A20-OLinuXino-MICRO?
Is the Android compilation the same?

I am collecting information because this is going the first time that I compile an Android from scratch with a lot of doubts.

Regads
Juanjo