A20 + MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 + Android - Wifi doesn't work

Started by EGM, July 31, 2013, 01:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGM

Hi guys, I need a small help. We've bought an A20 board with 10" screen and Wifi module. It works fine, except the wifi module. Could you tell me please, how to use this module under Android 4.2.2?
When I try sliding the Wifi switch, it returns to "0" position after few seconds.

Thank you.

marrebuf

hi also in my board wifi don't works !! any idea? thx

dave-at-axon

If you look at this page,

https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-MICRO

the MOD-WIFI RTL8188 is not shown in the Android list as supported. Only a USB version so I don't think that the module is currently supported.

I use an Edimax based mini WiFi module and this works.

Looking through the configuration for the Android Linux kernel I could not find a driver for the MOD-WIFI, only a USB version of the RTL8188.

codifies

I had no luck using that WiFi module in android but find it works exceptionally well in Debian...

I assumed that the default image is missing kernel module and firmware... If you're lucky it might only be missing firmware?

dave-at-axon

Mmmmm Silly me. I just noticed that the MOD-WIFI is a USB interface and not UEXT connected and there appears to be an Android Linux driver for it.

Need to check the init.sun7i.rc file to see if the module is loaded during the boot cycle. I'll have a look in the code later and see if it is.