Pic32-Maxi-Web DemoSoft XC32 project

Started by Andrew, May 22, 2013, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Hi!

There is a project stuff to download at https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC32-MAXI-WEB/, name "DemoSoft PIC32-MAXI-WEB v1.01 for MPLABX 1.10 and XC32 1.20".

There is a "README.txt" file in that stuff. It writes, open "\PIC32-MAXI-WEB v1.00.mcw". That file is not there. How can i obtain it?

Also i checked C32 project stuff, and project file included there. Is c32 project preferred over xc32 project for that board?

Thx,

LubOlimex

Hey Andrew,

It seems the README.txt is incorrect. You should select Open Project in MPLAB and open PATH\DemoSoft PIC32-MAXI-WEB v1.01 - MPLABX\DemoSoft\MainProgram\MainProgram.X.

We used C32 compiler but we are working on a newer version that would work with XC32. There are some compatibility issues when trying to compile the original project with the new compiler.

There is a beta version I can share with you: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7WHuNCASY8cVWtDSm1pb0RlZk0/edit?usp=sharing. It is not completely ready but should compile with XC32 compiler.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Andrew

Well, i will use c32 project then. Xc32 probably later..

One more question. I have inserted a 8gb microsdhc into slot, and "UPDATE" onscreen button says Error Initializing. I guess, too large microsd inserted, or fat32 is not supported.

What is the maximum size, and which fat systems are supported? Not found this info while browsing "freertos" with google anyway.

Andrew

Quote from: Andrew on May 24, 2013, 01:23:22 AM
Well, i will use c32 project then. Xc32 probably later..

One more question. I have inserted a 8gb microsdhc into slot, and "UPDATE" onscreen button says Error Initializing. I guess, too large microsd inserted, or fat32 is not supported.

What is the maximum size, and which fat systems are supported? Not found this info while browsing "freertos" with google anyway.

Just don't want to leave open question behind, so investigated it myself. Board shipped original project supports both microSD and microSDHC. No initialization problem at all. The problem is the FAT32. There is only FAT16 support with maximum 2 GB partition size as normal. If someone inserts a 8 GB microSDHC memory card, that should have a 2 GB partition on it formatted as FAT16. Other 6 GB cannot be use as part of that file system.

LubOlimex

Hello Andrew,

I've noticed this also (just hadn't time to drop a line last week) - only FAT16 up to 2GB seem to work.

I'm not completely sure but I do believe this might be adjusted in the Microchip/MDDFilesystem/FSIO.c. The file seems to contain the definitions for the cards.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex