A13 Problem - Not booting

Started by atzounis, February 06, 2015, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atzounis

Hello,
I have been trying for the last 3 days to make my A13 - wifi boot Debian the way it is described here:
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/Prebuilt_SD_card_images_running_debian#Debian_with_GUI_.28X.29
Still can't make it work. I have tried 3 different MicroSD cards, namely 2Gb, 4Gb(class  10), 8Gb(class 10).
I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
I would be grateful if someone with similar experience could help.
Thank you in advance.

Below I attach the messages I get through minicom:

1 �I�H�Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
reading boot.scr
** Unable to read file boot.scr **
reading script.bin
29588 bytes read in 31 ms (931.6 KiB/s)
reading uImage                                                                                                     
4340784 bytes read in 306 ms (13.5 MiB/s)                                                                         
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 48000000 ...                                                               
   Image Name:   Linux-3.4.90+                                                                                     
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)                                                             
   Data Size:    4340720 Bytes = 4.1 MiB                                                                           
   Load Address: 40008000                                                                                         
   Entry Point:  40008000                                                                                         
   Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC                                                                             
ERROR: can't get kernel image!                                                                                     
sun5i#                                                                                                             
U-Boot SPL 2014.04-10685-g4af825f (Jun 19 2014 - 09:08:33)                                                         
Board: A13-OLinuXino                                                                                               
DRAM: 512 MiB                                                                                                     
CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2                                                                             
spl: not an uImage at 1600                                                                                         

U-Boot 2014.04-10685-g4af825f (Jun 19 2014 - 09:08:33) Allwinner Technology                                       

CPU:   Allwinner A13 (SUN5I)                                                                                       
Board: A13-OLinuXino                                                                                               
I2C:   ready                                                                                                       
DRAM:  512 MiB                                                                                                     
MMC:   SUNXI SD/MMC: 0                                                                                             
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment                                                                   

In:    serial                                                                                                     
Out:   serial                                                                                                     
Err:   serial                                                                                                     
Net:   No ethernet found.                                                                                         
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0                                                                                   
reading uEnv.txt                                                                                                   
** Unable to read file uEnv.txt **                                                                                 
reading boot.scr                                                                                                   
** Unable to read file boot.scr **                                                                                 
reading script.bin                                                                                                 
29588 bytes read in 31 ms (931.6 KiB/s)                                                                           
reading uImage                                                                                                     
4340784 bytes read in 304 ms (13.6 MiB/s)                                                                         
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 48000000 ...                                                               
   Image Name:   Linux-3.4.90+                                                                                     
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)                                                             
   Data Size:    4340720 Bytes = 4.1 MiB                                                                           
   Load Address: 40008000                                                                                         
   Entry Point:  40008000                                                                                         
   Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC                                                                             
ERROR: can't get kernel image!                                                                                     
sun5i#

Gerrit

It sound very much that the image you write to the SD card is corrupted, are you able to access and mount the card on Ubuntu after writing the image to it ?

atzounis

Hello and thanks for taking time to answer.
Yes as soon as I connect the SD on Ubuntu 14, through USB adapter or MicroSD to SD adapter, system mounts 2 partitions. One of about 17Mb including 2 files and another of 4Gb including system file structure.

Gerrit

Quote from: atzounis on February 09, 2015, 01:19:44 PM
2 partitions. One of about 17Mb including 2 files and another of 4Gb including system file structure.

still on Ubuntu what if you cd to the first partition (17Mb) and do

file uImage

and post the result here, to check if the kernel file is damaged or not

atzounis

Hello,
Here is the result of uImage command:

uImage: u-boot legacy uImage, Linux-3.4.90+, Linux/ARM, OS Kernel Image (Not compressed), 4340720 bytes, Thu Jun 19 09:52:03 2014, Load Address: 0x40008000, Entry Point: 0x40008000, Header CRC: 0xC1E3A888, Data CRC: 0x0514DCFD

I attach a screenshot to give you an image of my desktop.
Thanks again for the help!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2fullw5y1ako90/Screenshot%202015-02-10%2013.58.58.png?dl=0

atzounis

I managed to find an image that works on my A13.
Just for the record, this is it:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B-bAEPML8fwldmpYSlRzR1B0VHM&export=download

Thank you for helping me! :D