2 module Carputer idea

Started by nocountryman, August 27, 2014, 02:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocountryman

Hi Guys,

sorry if im posting in the wrong forum.

Im very new to this kind of stuff so I need an advise. I've seen many boards with different interfaces and other abilities and its very hard to decide what to choose.
A friend of mine got recently the OLinuXino board and very happy with it.
Im looking for something to do the following:

2 independent boards: 1 with can-bus interface that will start once it turn the car key  And will provide me  with diagnostic data via LEDs or OLED/TFT (up to 2 inches) screen or both. 2. Once the ignition is on the second board should wake up from sleep. this second board will be with andoid OS gprs/gps modules and a 7 inch screen (i have a screen from acer a100 7 inch 1280X600 i think it was).

Now the options that im thinking of could be something like :
1st borad could be say  OLIMEXINO-STM32 to utilize the can interface and bing out diag info via LED's  or TFT(simple graphics) say, the left door is opened, right brow light bulb is not working and etc.
also using button connected to this board i could control stuff like windows or what ever by sending can messages.

well with the first part is more or less clear, now for the second its a bit harder (for me := )  ) ....
I want to use a powerful board that can run android on it google maps and other gps software with a 7 inch touch screen
this board should be connected to the the 1st board so it could receive the can masseges as well (mostly for all kind of info like rpm speed and etc output via android app (could be torque , or a custom  app ;) )

Now the question is : can i use my Galaxy TAB 2 (P3100) instead of buying a borad (i.e. A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB , which is awesome :)  to connect is somehow (serial connection or maybe Bluetooth or anything else.)

anyways... anyone of you guys had had any projects in mind ? any has completed something similar , anyone has any ideas or suggestions...

or.. is it possible to have both boards on one board that are running separately/independently  somehow  ????

everything is appreciated.

cheerio

g.