Board boot problems

Started by teamteck, November 22, 2013, 01:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamteck

I apologize for my English.
My board is a20 MICRO 4Gb rev. E.
I'm trying to create linux sd card.
I've downloaded image file from here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-bAEPML8fwlOWVVcUxnSTE4YTg/edit
I'm performing the procedure for windows:
I am following the instructions at wiki page: A20 Article,  5.1 How to generate boot-able SD-card Debian Linux image for A20-OLinuXino? (WINDOWS)
writing is performed correctly. Then I inserted micro SD into the board connector and insert power connector.
Power led is red and led1(GPIO) is green, but nothing happens, the display does not turn on.
I also tried to connect the monitor via HDMI but the result is the same, the monitor does not turn on.
I have connected serial converter cable from uart board to my pc usb serial port and start board. I can see in real time the trace strings that board sends but text is unrecognizable (I use Hercules software):

Û{{öÛ

ºÔŠyy=RrRf²IK¤¦HrRfcbY¬RÔ«•ÔŠú+êJªšj:ª*ËtÔè©ÓË
ʪ´´TºøÛ

ºôkúÛ¬4:ªšª:úË+ëR´´´´QVQÚºÔŠú»ôªú{
ºôtªú«šTºÊô»jÊúDºÊzªÚ´ö«tªšºX36¬tªštJu‹»VµöËtÔÚºÔŠú›¤ÚÊÔ
úë‹V¶¯'¿¿¿¿—£'Ÿ›——'E¿757I'—E‹¿=-#1¿5-!#¿'•åërR`³ÙR¹© gNrdrRg\RrRf³IJúK—•Ö,ìÖlrrR`³e).*Ø–´y=R´´´´QVC¤Ñ©ÊÔZÔŠú»ôªúkjºÔê:ú{
ºútªˆú«š¤º"45mrR`³eR.*¬–rdrRg\RrRf³ÒJúK—•Ö,쬬rrR`³Ù).*Ø–n...ª+ëR´´´´QTOKQiRÓ›
Úô»ªšô»úÛªú›ªt:jôûúªtêº"ºrR`³eR¹©°gNrdrRg\RrRf³ÒJúKI™‰—%rrR`³e).*Ø–º
ª+ëR´´´´QVMÑQiRÓûêÚÔ*ªº"Ú"ôšú»jÊ"Z{
ªjrR`³eR.*¬–rdrRg\RrRf³IJúKI™‰—%rrR`³e).*Ø–´y=R´´´´Q_NQiQºÔŠúËÔúrR`³eR\©°gNrdrRg\RrRf³IJúKI™‰

I created a second SD with Android for 10'' LCD AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY using lcd 10" dispaly,

please help me !

dannym

Is it a serial converter that includes a (voltage) level shifter? You need that. The output you posted kinda looks like what you'd get with unshifted voltages.

Serial port settings are supposed to be: speed is 115200 bps, 8 bits data, no parity and 1 stop bit and NO hardware flow control.