A13 Olinuxino Custom Board Boot Problem

Started by fendersquar, April 15, 2015, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendersquar

Hello Guys,

For an internet of things project I had to design a custom board which would contain A13 and some peripherals such as microphone, speaker, camera etc... I decided to make some changes on A13-OLinuXino board and use it as a custom design.

Today I got my prototype PCB and assembled it. I plugged a USB Wi-Fi dongle and put the SD card which has a bootable debian image. However when I powered the PCB, the LED of USB Wi-Fi dongle did not shined. And also I can not understand if the booting process is successful.

You can find the schematic that I made changes on the original schematic of A13 Olinuxino board below.

Could you please help me about this problem ? Is there any fault on the schematic ? How can I understand if the boot process is successful ? I can not connect a screen to the board.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xr8ahoaGZyeEIwSnN2UVYtVWM/view?usp=sharing

Freire

It is necessary to analyze the schematic and design, because many times the error is in the design of the pcb.

jmyreen

Quote from: fendersquar on April 15, 2015, 11:59:15 PM

Could you please help me about this problem ? Is there any fault on the schematic ? How can I understand if the boot process is successful ? I can not connect a screen to the board.

It would have been a good idea to include a connector to one of the UARTs on the A13, to use as a console port.

What you could do is to check the logs on the SD card to see how far the boot process has progressed, if at all. Or add a script that writes to a file during boot and see if the file has appeared on the card.