Help

Started by Gerardo, February 25, 2014, 11:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerardo

Hello,
I'm Gerard, I live in Italy and I need help to program OLinuXino.
Kindly someone could help me?
thanks in advance
waiting for your reply, Best Regards.
Gerardo

dave-at-axon

You need to provide more information.

Which OS are you using on it? Android, Linux etc....

Gerardo

I'm working on a project for the monitoring of electricity. I want to connect the sensors to the Arduino Mega and send the data collected on A13-OLinuXino or A10LIME which in turn is connected to the Internet via USB3G sends it to http://emoncms.org/.

And 'possible to connect the A13 or A10LIME with Arduino MEGA?

thanks

dave-at-axon

Why do you need the Arduino? Can't you connect the sensors direct to the A13 or A10 Lime etc?

What is the interface connection on the sensors? It may be that you can do without the Arduino and go straight to the Olnuxino boards.

As a way to show this can be done, I have a MOD-IO board connected to an A20 and reading in the Analog inputs from four 4-20mA sensors. Not the best of resolution for me but enough to build a test and prove the concept. I will redesign to use 16 bit ADC instead of the current 10 bit of the ATMega16.

If you use Android on either of those, you can develop an app to read the data from the sensors and then upload it. Of course, you can also do this with Linux. I just don't know what programming experience you have. It all depends on how much time you have to do this.

If you do have to use the Arduino Mega, then you can connect this via UART to the Olinuxino boards. There is a JNI for Android to allow you to talk to the UART.