LCD + HDMI separated ?

Started by aida_e2s, December 10, 2014, 12:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aida_e2s

Hi everyone !

First I'd like to apologize for my english, I'm from France !

I'm thinking of buying a A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB to make graphical applications for human machine interface, on an embedded linux, QT or Java, haven't decided yet.

So I'm gonna take the 7" TS LCD too... but from what I understood, the Touch Screen displays the graphical image of the OS, wether the HDMI is plugged on another screen or not.

I would like to know if we can send the image of the OS through the HDMI and work on the 7" touch screen like a slave screen wich only displays what's in the QT or Java graphical application ?

Thank you !

dave-at-axon

If you look at the FEX file and the A20 datasheet it should be possible to have 2 separate frame buffers driving 2 different screens but I think the issue comes down to the drivers. I have no seen any that actually do this unless of course someone has already done this?

aida_e2s

Quote from: dave-at-axon on December 10, 2014, 02:17:10 AM
If you look at the FEX file and the A20 datasheet it should be possible to have 2 separate frame buffers driving 2 different screens but I think the issue comes down to the drivers. I have no seen any that actually do this unless of course someone has already done this?

Well I'm not sure but I think so :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wiTN6axMBE

claudio

Quote from: aida_e2s on December 10, 2014, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: dave-at-axon on December 10, 2014, 02:17:10 AM

Well I'm not sure but I think so :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wiTN6axMBE

Hi, i don't think the one in the video is a second screen, but it's just the usb serial output. I'm using an Olinuxino A20 micro with a 10' touchscreen and i use ssh or usb serial to comunicate with it.
Claudio