lcd does not work.

Started by vaishali, March 16, 2013, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaishali

hi Jwischka , John & Mike1968 ,

i am trying to connect my 7 " lcd with A13 olinuxino wifi board...
but somehow it is not working.
i am using 6v 3A power supply.
i have changed script.bin file from vga to lcd the one given in the wiki.
i have tried to use r18 image with the lcd script.bin file  but somehow it is not working.
then i tried to make my own debian image for lcd with the instructions given in the wiki but that also does not work.
To change my script.bin file in r18 image , i frist dd the image onto sd card .
then opened the sd card and replaced the script.bin file in the first prtition to lcd script.bin file.
but it is not working.
Mike can you please help how should i start my lcd.
i have seen you were succeeded in starting lcd with wifi board.
please help guys. 
dinks

JohnS

Unfortunately I have no lcd to test.

John

povray6

Same issue here too,as vaishali has mentioned, tried everything out as well , but no luck. it's been a while i tested it out, did not find time to root it out...though..

so far as i could vaguely remember....

When i  tried to  read the power-voltages on the LCD -TS's board , certain voltages never reached  at the LCD panel's fcc_connector end(on the interface board) i did this with aid of the posted schematic of LCD-TS on olimex website.

VikramHYD

iw2lsi

Hi...

for me LCD is working fine with R17/R18...
   no special work was done... just followed the wiki instructions
   I'm using R18 now, on top of an R17 image.

best regards

Giampaolo

vaishali

hi iw2lsi,

i am having R18 image in my 16gb sd card, and i have connected 6 v 3A POWER SUPPLY WITH MY A13 WIFI BOARD.

i have changed the script.bin file in the sd card to lcd script.bin file given in the wiki.
but my board is not able to read sd card instead it starts from nand.
do i need to change anything in hardware or software.
dinks

JohnS

Chances are that you did not correctly follow how to write the SD card, so it does not have the right bootable format.

John

vaishali

hi john,

i used the below command to copy r18 image on my 16gb sd card.
dd if=olinuxino_xfce-r18.img of=/dev/sd

and then replaced the script file.

but still my lcd does not work.
instead vga screen is still working with the replaced lcd script file.
i have taken the lcd script.bin file from wiki.
I used the foll command to replace the script file.

# umont /dev/sdb1
# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
# cd /mnt
# /mnt   rm -f script.bin
# /mnt  ls
uImage
# /mnt cp script.bin /mnt
# /mnt ls
script.bin  uImage
# /mnt  cd ..
# umount /mnt

but the script is not working with lcd...
dinks

JohnS

I hope that's a typo!!  I hope you dd to /dev/sdb not /dev/sd

If so, that looks OK so if the SD card does not boot then it is not inserted correctly or is not readable by the board or something along those lines.

If you can connect via putty / minicom / screen or the like as you reset the board you can watch to see how far it gets and when / why it does not boot the SD.

You can log the debug messages using such as
screen -L /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

John

vaishali

hi iw2sli and olimex,

i have followed the instructiond given in the wiki to start lcd with a13 wifi but it is not working for me.
Olimex please help i am trying to start it since a long time.
I do not have the LCD connector cable from olimex instead of that i have AWM 40 pin connector used for harddisk connection.
this connector is of 39pin only so with screw driver i have enabled it's 40 the pin to connect it to lcd.
Connection from lcd connector on a13 wifi board to lcd screen connector is 1-1 as defined in the user's manual. i have checked the connection they are ok and i am using 6v 3A power supply.
Am i missing something.
Please help.
dinks

olimex

I see few possible source for problems
1. you do not use proper cable, the cable should be 40 pin not 39
2. you do not use proper sd card image, I do not understand why you use other than official image? does the VGA work with this card?
3. 6V is on the low edge of the working voltage, why you do not use 12VDC regulated power supply?

vaishali

Hello Olimex ,

Thank you for your help.
My lcd works now, the problem is of wrong connector.
dinks

Autom01

Hello all,

I just received the board, and i installed successfully the r18 on an sd. Xfce launch without any problem on vga but... can make my lcd screen work.

I tryed to change de boot scrip :https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-bAEPML8fwlcHFOcUxtQ1N5RDQ/edit

But it doesn't work... it just make my VGA screen display a small part of the screen.

Can u give me some hint :D

Thx in advance.

(i use an 12v 1000 mA power supply)

Autom01

up !

Still need some help !

olimex

please use the official image which we know enables the LCD :)
I'm still puzzled why every novice first go and download the experimental images instead to use the one we provide and have tested to work with all peripherials?