My tablet is A13a.
model=HBD-761
device=nuclear-f761
Hardware : sun5i
Revision : a13b
Android version : 4.0.4
Kernel version : 3.0.8+
Build number : HBD-761_dblgc0329_ep_2g_V1.1.10_20130223_m677_301ff54

I got downloaded cubieboard-tv-sdk compiled on 64bit ubuntu, Android image file got created.
i followed the instructions from here. linux-sunxi dot org / Boot_Android_from_SdCard

Finally, when i try to boot from SD card it's not booting.
SD card size 2GB FAT32.

Why its not booting from SD card?
Will this cubieboard-tv-sdk generated image file work on this tablet or any other sdk?
Will A13 boot on SD card?
Any procedure to for build android on A13?

Appreciate, Can anyone sort this out.

Thanks

JohnS

It likely won't work as-is.  google will get you details of building Android.

Worth using whatever OS it came with to at least get its details - see linux-sunxi.org about new devices and fex files to get some ideas.

John

marvic_

Thanks john for replay,

i followed these steps http://linux-sunxi.org/Boot_Android_from_SdCard Ported the U Image, files  to SD card.
Inserted the SD card in tablet, when i pressed the power button it's not staring what is the reason?

JohnS

without the same device I do not know.  Android can be very hard to debug as it's not open source.

Connecting a serial console may help you.

Otherwise an Android forum would be better than here of course.

John

dave-at-axon

Do you have a serial connection on  UART0? This is really needed to be able to see what the kernel and or Android is doing.

During the boot, if Android comes up, you can enter LOGCAT into the serial port and see what Android is doing.

It sounds though as if your configuration does not match the build. Did you check that the build is identical to your hardware. The cubietruck-TV is designed to driver an HDMI output and work with the cubietruck hardware itself so unlikely your A13 tablet will have the same hardware configuration.

marvic_

sorry dave-at-axon, b coz of file size i mailed the log. any wrong in that log?

dave-at-axon

As someone else pointed out on the android porting group on Google, the A13 tablet is LCD and HDMI and the cubietruck is HMDI only. Have you tried connecting the HDMI output to see if there is anything showing up?

I seriously also doubt this will work anyway as the A13 tablet and cubietruck as very different hardware from what I can see. Your log shows a lot of failed drivers.

Without a lot of work tracking down all the source for this, I think you are not going to get very far with it.

JohnS

See my 1st post.  Save yourself a lot of pain.

John

marvic_

Thanks JohnS and dave-at-axon, as per requirement i took a chance to get it through.

My requirement is to set these options in kernel configuration file to activate external web cam.
So i had a try with this SDK.
Can you tell me location of the kernel config file, and how to fetch it, from tablet ROM? is this possible ?

CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_MEDIA=y
CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=y
CONFIG_V4L_USB_DRIVERS=y
CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS_INPUT_EVDEV=y

or

Can you suggest any other android SDK which suits this A13 tablet hardware on SD card.
So that, i can build image.

Thanks,