June 03, 2024, 10:06:20 PM

Recent posts

JTAG / Re: xds100v3 problems
Last post by stacklakeoy - Today at 07:10:54 PM
It is a custom design. I'll ask my customer if I can share more. Chip is tms320f2803x. I'll get back to you.
ESP32 / Arduino ESP32 Core 3.0.0 from ...
Last post by KeviNH - Today at 05:51:15 PM
Espressif just officially marked Arduino ESP32 Core 3.0.0 as stable, the new core is downloadable in Arduino-IDE, or at https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/releases

v3 is based on ESP-IDF Release v5.1.4 and includes numerous fixes, including major changes to ETH, etc.

Should we be upgrading, e.g. when building apps on ESP32-POE?
ESP32 / Re: how to connect RFID reader...
Last post by KeviNH - Today at 05:30:55 PM
I've been trying a few different options to read NFC (via RC522) with ESP32-POE.  Eventually figured out that to keep the RC522 stable, must add a 47uF electrolytic cap across Vcc+Gnd.

Regarding pin count, I eventually settled on HSU polling, needs just two GPIOs (Serial1 TX & RX).   
SHIELDS / Minimal Load for PWR-SWITCH?
Last post by markus2330 - Today at 03:52:24 PM
Dear community,

I use a PWR-SWITCH where only a few adapters for MOD-IOs should be turned on/off, so the load is only a few watts.

This worked well for a year or so but now it appeared a few times that the PWR-SWITCH doesn't switch off. It is switched off via an A20. The green indicator light of the PWR-SWITCH is off. But the adapters still have power?

Something similar already happened with the a previous PWR-SWITCH so I am asking myself it there is maybe some minimal load for PWR-SWITCH? Or is it simply broken?

best regards,
Markus
JTAG / Re: xds100v3 problems
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 10:41:10 AM
What is your target chip and target board exactly? We need the schematic to be able to recommend what connector to use. Maybe if it is custom-made board share the programming connector diagram - upload the picture somewhere and give us the link to see it.
ESP32 / Re: how to connect RFID reader...
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 09:58:31 AM
GPIO16, GPIO32, GPI35, GPI36, GPI39 are free (notice that 35, 36, 39 can only be inputs regarding the ESP32 module).

If you need more and you don't need user button or user LED You can also free GPIO33 and GPI34. To free GPIO33 remove the LED1, to free GPI34 remove R45.

Refer to the schematic export for more info.

JTAG / xds100v3 problems
Last post by stacklakeoy - Today at 09:46:44 AM
Hello,

I am having problems with Olimex xds100v3+ Rev.E . I must be doing something very fundamentally wrong, so lets start with wiring. How should I connect these wires and should I be specifically using a 14-pin or 20-pin "TI connector"?

Connect the dots for me so I can try it out.
STMP1 / Re: STMP157 + EVB Backup?
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 08:54:12 AM
Boot selection jumper is described in the schematic, download the schematic export and look at the left side in the middle (in the "Boot Selection" box):

https://github.com/OLIMEX/STMP157-BASE-SOM-EVB/blob/main/HARDWARE/STMP157-BASE-SOM-EVB-Rev.B/STMP15x-BASE-SOM-EVB_Rev_B.pdf
STMP1 / Re: STMP157 + EVB Backup?
Last post by bobart - Today at 08:05:34 AM
Hi LubOlimex,

I have the STMP157-BASE-SOM and his EVB . The USB-serial BB-CH340T for the link.
I have rewrited twice the sdCard...
AT the first connection, I wasn't on a computer with a web acces, it was just to test... I didn't known, I stopped the alimentation during the process, after seen the boot starting...   :P
I tried alls differents kinds of the boot switch... Does it change anything? I use the sd-card configuration (boot0-on, boot1-off, boot3-on, gnd-on).

Thanks a lots.
ESP32 / how to connect RFID reader +ES...
Last post by laserman - June 02, 2024, 08:44:26 AM
Hi
I want to use RFID Reader/writer MFRC522 board with ESP32 Gateway board
same time functional MicroSD card, Ethernet 100Mb interface in use.

in this configuration   As per Pin layout very limited Pin are available.

please guide me how to re assign ESP32 pins for    SDA MISO MOSI RST SCK  to connect RFID board.
standard communication PIN engaged with Micro SD & Ethernet.

thanks
Regards