Booting the imx233-olinuxino-micro

Started by Bobi, November 11, 2012, 12:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobi

Hi,

I have an OLinuXino-micro and a good sd card. I prepared it using an OlinuXino-maxi and the Maxi sill works great with it. However when I put it in the Olinuxino-mico, I plug the power cable, wait 5 secs, then I connect the usb-to-serial cable(gnd,tx and rx) then I connect the other end to my PC usb hub.

The OLinuXino-micro doen't have any of its LEDs on or blinking and in the terminal I see the following:
0x80502004
  0x8020a012
0x80502004
  0x8020a012
... (they keep appearing as time goes by)

I tried to debug it myself but with no luck so far. ... any ideas what could I do the bring the Micro back to life ?

thanks

olimex

these messages usually mean bad SD card as the procesord cant read the card and boot

Bobi

Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

This is what I thought but still when I get the sdcard and plug it in the Olinuxino Maxi everything seems to work fine. I managed to connect to it using picocom:
picocom -b 115200 -d 8 -p n /dev/ttyUSB0

Should I change something in order to use the same sdcard and Arch Linux with my Micro?

Here is what I did to get to here:
- I had the original sdcard(from Olimex) It worked great with the Micro. Then I wanted to install the drivers for the Wireless and I plugged the card in Olinuxino Maxi.
It worked however there were some unwanted restarts of my PC while the Maxi was working. Then I got the original sdcard back to the Micro and I started getting these messages (0x80...) and the green LED is not blinking.

- Then I thought that because of the restarts the sdcard is broken. I bought a new one - 4G, TDK microsd. I followed the instructions to set it up with a new Arch Linux as promptly as I could understand them (from Kean's blog post - http://bit.ly/TzKV0Z - Thanks for it Kean!). Now the sd works great with the MAXI

- When I plug it in the Micro it gives me the same hex messages and the green LED is not blinking.

Hope this helps to find out how can I debug this,
thanks

Bobi

Yay! I have the green LED on.. I think there was something wrong with the sdcard slot of the Micro... now I had a closer look at how exactly the card goes into the slot of the Maxi and did it the same way with the Micro and it loaded the OS fine! 

Kean

I had this same problem with my Micros.  The push/push micro sd card connectors can be a bit fiddly.  It is sometimes hard to tell if the card is properly inserted, or ejected and stuck.  For some reason this seems to happen on the Micro more than the Maxi.  If you haven't already, check if R17 exists on the Micro and if so remove it to keep your sanity.

Kean