Anyone got Analogue Audio working on a20 olinuxino lime?

Started by KillingTime, August 31, 2014, 02:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillingTime

Hello,

I was looking at the specs and manual for the A20 Lime, and noticed it doesn't have an analogue audio port (for headphones). The manual talks about looking at the circuit diagram for other Olimex boards but I've seen some posts on this board about distorted or choppy analogue audio.

Has anyone got analogue audio working on this board, or should I be looking at another board?

I know digital audio is sent over the video cable but that's no use for headphones.

Any other workarounds like a cheapo USB soudcard?

Many Thanks,

danielr

I haven't got my board in general booting at all yet, so I can't say anything about the auality of audio.

There is analogue headphone output though.

GPIO1  -pin 14 is headphone L (tip), pin 18 is Headphone Right (Ring) and pin 16 is headphone Ground (body)

KillingTime

Hello Daniel,

Makes you wonder why Olimex didn't implement headphones audio then. Technical reasons perhaps or just cost?

Thanks for the info.

danielr

Probably cost, the extra board space and component count would add a small amount to the cost of the device.

There is also a VGA (RGB signal) a TV composite output, microphone inputs, line inputs and outputs!

When you get people such as myself who just want a small headless server, or just a XMBC machine connected to the TV then headphone ports aren't needed, and the extra cost becomes off putting and would push you towards the competition to save some money.

https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-LIME#Documents
of that link the A10 Lime GPIOs is what you want.

(yes I know you said you have an A20, they are pin compatible).