Does LCD driver have option to flip the image displayed

Started by mikenycz, May 01, 2014, 06:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikenycz

I am using the Olimex A13 Wifi board with the A13-LCD7-TS display. In the current configuration the LCD connector for the display is at the top of the display (top being defined by how images are displayed on the screen). It would be convenient for me to be able to orient the 40 pin cable at the bottom of the screen.

My question is, with the current driver, is there a control parameter that would allow me to rotate the image displayed by 180 degrees so that the connector would now be at the bottom of the display?

Thank you,
Mike Nycz

dave-at-axon

Try viewing the display from an angle below the horizontal.

The viewing angles are designed for it with the LCD (not the olimex connector) at the bottom. Most viewing of LCD is at or below the horizontal. This LCD is only 50 deg up and 70 down so if you invert the display, you would only have 50 deg down. The image will start to look quite poor as you tilt it away from you. :)

dave-at-axon

PS There is an input to the LCD itself to change the direction. Check PIN 40. Olimex have kindly put little 10K resistors on the board for you to change it. Look for R24 and R23 and swap them. You will also likely have to change the L/R ones too. R25 and R31.

djrose

Quote from: dave-at-axon on May 02, 2014, 07:48:28 AM
PS There is an input to the LCD itself to change the direction. Check PIN 40. Olimex have kindly put little 10K resistors on the board for you to change it. Look for R24 and R23 and swap them. You will also likely have to change the L/R ones too. R25 and R31.

I've had to do this with my test rig - Not for ease of cabling but to improve our required viewing angle.  Both the L/R and U/D signals need to be changed.

Just a small error. It would be swap of R24 with R30 and R25 with R31.

dave-at-axon

Quote from: djrose on May 02, 2014, 11:26:19 AM
Just a small error. It would be swap of R24 with R30 and R25 with R31.

You passed the test.....  ;D