Olinuxino MICRO - stuck at login

Started by yo9hnf, August 08, 2013, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yo9hnf

Hello,

I'm strying to startup an A13-Olinuxino MICRO Board that i just brouth, but it seams it doesn't work.

-After 2 minutes, on the VGA LCD i can see "Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid A13Micro tty1   A13MIcro Login:"
-The USB keyboard doesn't light any LED; i cannot enter the login and pass words;
-I use a CP2102 serial emulator; I don't receive anything form Olinuxino's UART1;
-I use a power supply that delivers (with the load on) 5.05V (3 Amps), so it cannot be a power issue;

Can someone gime me some hints ?

Regards!

Radu

Lurch

<edit: reply was wrong for MICRO board>
The UART-USB converter connected to UART1 and PC should show the boot-up sequence on a terminal - are you sure you have it set for 115200 baud and thast the pins (Gnd, Rx, Tx) are correctly connected to the board?

yo9hnf

Hi Lurch and thank you for you replay !

I'm not sure where's that " barrel connector".
I'm using the 2.5mm jack and on the bottom of the board, under the jack,it is written "5VDC ONLY!".

I was very (VERY!) shure that the UART wires where connected whell (RX to TX and TX to RX), but a minute a go i just swap them just for a test (RX to RX and TX to TX) and now i receive the booting sequance.

Lurch

Sorry, I corrected that part - I oversaw the MICRO part when reading.

yo9hnf

So :

- If i don't use my USB keyboard (a $3 keyboard), everything goes well in the serial terminal, i can log in etc;
- If i use the keyboard, somehow it will appear the login screen in the terminal,but i receive many errors like this :

ehci_irq: port change detect
[ 662.700000]ehci_irq: port change detect

....and the keyboard still cannot be used.

LATER EDIT :

All that i had writen was about A13_Micro_Debian_first_preliminary_release IMAGE.

With the current image, A13_debian_WIFI_GCC_GPIO_IN_OUT_X_I2C_100KHz_scratch_UVC_python_opencv_TS_7_release  i see in the serial terminal that the board is tring to boot, but for some reasons it will restart , it's a loop. (with the keyboard attached).

yo9hnf

Hello again !

I succesed to bood up and login after i used an USB HUB.

My NEW problem is that if i use an image that have GUI (the X), i receive on the serial console something like this :

[    1.450000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b
[    1.450000]
[    1.450000] Rebooting in 10 seconds..[mmc]: mmc 0 detect change, present 1

and the LCD or the VGA monitor doesn't start.

How can i attach an TXT file with that i received from the serial console ?

Lurch

Below the edit box is a button "Attachments and other options".
Click on it and add.

yo9hnf

OFF TOPIC : I can enter in that menu, but i don't have a button for uploading.

Lurch

maybe I'm getting old - I thought there used to be an upload in there.
Sorry.
Others sometimes just paste the whole text - so just do that with the "Insert Quote" button.