March 28, 2024, 03:25:38 PM

Power E407 with USB OTG - no green light

Started by connor, April 08, 2020, 01:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connor

I'm just getting started with the STM32 E407 but on powering up I do not see the green LED, only the solid red. I'm trying to power with USB OTG1 and use the Arduino IDE to program. Am I missing something?

Also, it looks like the board I am using is newer than the one shown in the
user guide. The USB port locations on the board are switched (USB OTG1 is closer to power jack) and I can see some caps that aren't present on mine. Are there any other differences I should be know about while I develop on this board?

Thanks
Connor

LubOlimex

The source of power is controlled by the big jumper PWR_SEL. Each USB has own position. Make sure PWR_SEL is set appropriately for the USB connector you are going to use for powering the board.

For Arduino programming refer to chapter "CHAPTER 7 HOW TO USE THE BOARD WITH ARDUINO IDE" on page 23 of the user's manual.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

connor

I've moved the jumper to position 7-8 to power via USB OTG1  as described in the manual and get the single red light to activate. When the jumper is anywhere else I get no response from the board (as expected). Are there any other steps I need to take to get it up and running?

LubOlimex

The user's manual is wrong, the USB near the Ethernet connector had always been USB_OTG1. Other than that yes, the picture in the manual is from hardware revision B board while we are currently at hardware revisions F in our repositories.

Have you programmed the board with anything? Green LED is user LED. It requires code to get turned on. Maybe the memory was wiped and the green LED code is not on-board? Maybe try to program blinking LED?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

connor

I had a segger jlink that I was able to connect to the board with and flash an example program, but I still am not able to connect with USB nor light up the user LED. I am currently trying to program a blinky example and will keep you updated.