PIC32-WEB- TCPIP- Stack demo web page

Started by bmermels, June 06, 2013, 10:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmermels

Hi,

I am trying to modify the TCPIP- STACK demo web page that the PIC32-WEB creates but there is no .bin file in the WebPage folders.

The webpages given in the folder are not the same as the web page I found when programming my board I  also found that the other Web development boards have .bin files in addition to other html files specific to their own web pages.

Why doesn't the PIC32-WEB software come with these important html(.bin, etc.) files. Where can I find these missing files?

Thanks,
bmermels

Stanimir5F

Hi Ben,

First of all if you didn't download the latest version of the example you can do it here (example PIC32-WEB example with TCP/IP stack v5.42 and MOD-ENC624J600 ):
https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC32-WEB/

The reason for the missing *.bin file is because this board has no external memory. For instance Olimex board PIC-WEB (not PIC32-WEB) has external flash so the project for it has a web-page.bin file and it is uploaded via browser during execution of the program (at runtime). The boards like PIC32-WEB without external memory have a webpage but it is a *.c file and it is part of the project. Pay attention to the file "MPFSImg2.c" in the project directory. This file is also generated with the MPFS2.jar tool provided by Microchip. When you start the utility check Tab2 (Processing options), there are 4 options: BIN Image (for an external memory like flash, the case with PIC-WEB); PIC18/PIC32 Image (which is our case) - it generates *.c file; PIC24/dsPIC Image (for the rest of microcontrollers); MDD (for SD cards and stuff like that) - the page is stored on the external drive.
So... after you generate the webpage as *.c file you must add it the your project and recompile. In case a change has to be done on your webpage then you must recompile webpage directory using the utility (MPFS2.jar), recompile the project and reprogram the board.

As for your other question about difference between the initial project and the one after programming. They are different because when the boards were tested they were programmed with project based on old version stack. And the one provided on our website is using the latest for the moment (5.42). So this is also normal :)

Best regards!

Stan, Olimex
May the Source be with You!

bmermels

Thank you Stanimir5F!

I have a few more questions. I am unsure of what source file to use for the MPFS generator since the only source files I could find were for the old stack. Are there source files for the new stack available?

In addition, I tried saving the new stack web page as Index.htm to use as one source file for the MPFS generator. But after recompiling with the new MPFSImg2.c file and programming the board, I got an http 404 error on the web page. Are there other source files I need to include other than the Index.htm file? How can I modify the web page then?

-bmermels   

Stanimir5F

Hi again Ben,

As a source for the MPFS2.jar utility you have to input the whole directory, not a separate file. With the default example it should be somethink like this: "<extract directory>\PIC32-WEB 5.42\TCPIP\Demo App\WebPages2".

About you next question I didn't understand something.
What do you mean with "... I tried saving the new stack web page as Index.htm to use as one source file for the MPFS generator" and "Are there other source files I need to include other than the Index.htm file?"?
How do you save the webpage as Index.htm and how do you use it as a source for the MPFS2.jar?
Where do you include the file Index.htm?

"How can I modify the web page then?"
You have to edit the files inside the directory WebPages2 (you can do it manually or using another program) and then re-generate the new WebPage.c file using Microchip MPFS2.jar tool.

NOTE!!!!
As I STRONGLY RECOMMEND in the ReadMe.txt file it will be good if you remove/rename/backup the old files that tool generates (MPFSImg2.c; HTTPPrint.h; HTTPPrint.idx) before you compile the directory and generate the new version of the files. This is particularly important if you add/remove variables defined in status.xml file.
May the Source be with You!