Previous topic - Next topic

Anton_A

Hi!
I try to edit android image

A20-OLinuXino-Lime2 Android for NAND with HDMI and 7 inch display support

for Olinuxino lime2 4GB as written in
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/How_to_edit_prebuilt_Android_images
and I have a problem:
"DragonFace: Firmware does not support the tools to modify, make sure that the firmware version: OK"
In manual is written that this message means that image is used by another application, but I do not open this image by another applications, also cubieboard images opened and edited sucess.
What is the problem? Where can I find editable Android image?

Anton_A

I try to edit android .img for change screen resolution (i need fullHD) without android rebuilding.
Can anyone help me?

also cubieboard android .img have fullHD resolution and work on olimex sucess but Ethernet not work.

dave-at-axon

To be honest, many of us tried this in the early days but it just wouldn't work.

You really need to be able to build your own image to get the right solution with Android. You can do this with a virtual PC running Ubuntu if you really don't want or have another PC you can run it on. I did this in the early days before I built a custom machine for Android builds.

Anton_A

Quote from: dave-at-axon on July 15, 2015, 03:21:39 PM
To be honest, many of us tried this in the early days but it just wouldn't work.

You really need to be able to build your own image to get the right solution with Android. You can do this with a virtual PC running Ubuntu if you really don't want or have another PC you can run it on. I did this in the early days before I built a custom machine for Android builds.
Thank you for replay. I try build my oun Android img and I build it. But it work very slow with HD resolution. With 800x480 and 1024x600 it work sucess. Why?

dave-at-axon

There are a lot more pixels to move around. The 1GHz processor is not ideally fast enough to handle this resolution very well. I think there is a reference to this someone on the Olimex website.

Anton_A

but olimex lime2 with android from cubieboard2 work with FullHD sucess... but not work with ethernet. Now I try to edit it .fex for enable Ethernet.

Anton_A

Hi to all! I sucess solve my problem with FullHD and ethernet on Android lime2-4g

I download cubietrack android-4.2-xbmc-ct-nand-v1.0.img and all work. Also this image is editable from dragonface.

That`s all.

Anton_A

also, I think, that problems with fullHD in android from Olimex is because section
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;boot display configuration
;output_type  (0:none; 1:lcd; 2:tv; 3:hdmi; 4:vga)
;output_mode  (used for tv/hdmi output, 0:480i 1:576i 2:480p 3:576p 4:720p50 5:720p60 6:1080i50 7:1080i60 8:1080p24 9:1080p50 10:1080p60 11:pal 14:ntsc)
;output_mode  (used for vga output, 0:1680*1050 1:1440*900 2:1360*768 3:1280*1024 4:1024*768 5:800*600 6:640*480 10:1920*1080 11:1280*720)
;auto_hpd     (auto detect hdmi/cvbs/ypbpr plug in)
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[boot_disp]
output_type              = 3
output_mode              = 10
auto_hpd                 = 1

is lost in .fex file

Dredd

how u enable LAN, in my Oli does not want run ETHERNET

Anton_A

I enable ethernet in andoid settings application, it is disabled by default/