Issue: remote access - Ethernet

Started by felipegn, September 02, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipegn

Hello.

I normally access my Olinuxino via Ethernet + Putty, doing a remote access. Yesterday I did the command "shutdown -r 0" to reboot my Olinuxino and after that my network can't find my Olinuxino's IP.

I enter in my "192.168.0.1" to see the list of devices connected to my network, but a20-olinuxino isn't in it anymore.

Did it happen to anyone? If yes, what should I do to get it to normal operation again?

Thank you.

Felipe

felipegn

I get it to work again by replacing the actual image for one I've saved before.

felipegn

Again it stopped working. Now it was a "shutdown -a 0" command.

otyugh

I had such behaviour too. I had to reboot it with the buttons to get the detection. Worked sometimes.
I know it's risky, and it could get corrupted.

In my case, the SD card was corrupting randomly no matter what (maybe my fault messing up the board with my rought screwdriver before). After several "corrupt on the run", I just chosed to boot from a USB stick. It works for now.

PS : just use "nmap 192.168.1.0.*" to map your network.  :)

MBR

The correct nmap line should be nmap -sP -n 192.168.1.0/24 (the asterisk may cause problem with the shell unles quoted and -n skips DNS lookup, speeding things up). But the scaning witrh arp-scan is faster (see http://linux.die.net/man/1/arp-scan), because it does not bother with TCP/IP and uses only ARP requests.