PB with I2C on UEXT2

Started by gnomathibus, February 14, 2014, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnomathibus

I2C UEXT2 my port does not work, when I run i2Cdetect is very long and can see nothing on UEXT1 I do not have a problem, what can I do?

rbots

Hello Anyone out there willing to help: I have been attempting to use th I2c Command set, but I do not understand which interface I need to "talk" to my mod io2. I am at a loss here, especially when it comes the appropriate address to the relays. I have a Duinomite Mega with any of the mmbasic.hex firmware, etc. Please help me understand exactly which components I need to translate the I2c into usable commands. Seems so esoteric. I have been successful with Ubuntu in loading the proper packages I suppose, but I am still trying to understand the reason my commands don't get to their waypoint. Do these commands work with MMbasic ? It takes the commands, but nothing ever happens.

Helo !!

Kirk

dave-at-axon

Which OS are you running?

I am running Android and I had to modify the init.sun7i.rc settings to change the access on I2C-1 and I2C-2 to system. The default is root so I was getting illegal access.

I assume if you are using Linux it would be a similar issue as it's most likely the devices are set for root access.

Try and ls -l on the dev directory and see what access rights are for i2c-1 etc

If they are root, you can try the following and see if that frees up your access?

sudo chmod 0666 /dev/i2c-1
sudo chmod 0666 /dev/i2c-2