MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 and olinuxino a13

Started by MMp131316, June 08, 2013, 03:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMp131316

Hello everybody,

does anyone know how to make the MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 run with olinuxino a13. What configurations should i make after i plug my mod wifi into the board. And how can I connect to a ntwork?? on this board i am running
a prebuilt version of debian A13 Debian 2GB card image without XFCE4 with GCC, GPIO, WIFI, WTHERNET, UVC, Python, OpenCV

Thanks for your time :)

MMp131316

BJFreeman

I have an a13 with wifi.
it works with the basic Debian supplied by Olimex.
The difference between the A13 wifi and A13 is the wifi module is stripped of the USB connector and hardwired into the board.
Fulltimer since 89

jwischka

Quote from: MMp131316 on June 08, 2013, 03:07:23 PM
Hello everybody,

does anyone know how to make the MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 run with olinuxino a13. What configurations should i make after i plug my mod wifi into the board. And how can I connect to a ntwork?? on this board i am running
a prebuilt version of debian A13 Debian 2GB card image without XFCE4 with GCC, GPIO, WIFI, WTHERNET, UVC, Python, OpenCV

Thanks for your time :)

You'll need to rebuild the kernel to include support for the RTL8188 as either a module or built-in. You will also likely need to add wpa-supplicant to your image.

MMp131316

Thanks for the tip but how do i do that?? do you know a tutorial that can show me how to do such a thing? i am a begginer and also isnt there a simpler way of dooing it?

jwischka

Quote from: MMp131316 on June 12, 2013, 04:24:20 PM
Thanks for the tip but how do i do that?? do you know a tutorial that can show me how to do such a thing? i am a begginer and also isnt there a simpler way of dooing it?

While I haven't checked, I suspect my images have driver support built in.

You could also try to download the drivers from Realtek and try to compile it and install it that way. But honestly, I'd just build a new kernel - which is maybe easy for me to say since I have the tools already set up.

There are various kernel-building tutorials on the forum. A search should turn them up.

MMp131316

I have found a vesion of os that supports this MOD-WIFI.
I went into /etc/network/interfaces and filled the ssid and the key.
It doesn't connect to the internet  :( any ideas why??

jwischka

Quote from: MMp131316 on June 18, 2013, 04:17:14 PM
I went into /etc/network/interfaces and filled the ssid and the key.
It doesn't connect to the internet  :( any ideas why??

Do you have a space after either the ssid or key? Can you tell if it's giving you some sort of authentication error?

pongo

Quote from: MMp131316 on June 18, 2013, 04:17:14 PM

Hello,
can you share your info? Where did you get it?
Thanks