a20 lime2 nand update

Started by Alli, April 18, 2015, 04:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alli

Hi,

i could not update
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2#Android
nand image with livesuit 1.0.9 or phoenixsuit 1.10.
livesuit error message is "Image File Invalid" initalization fails 200
phoenixsuit error message at %1 is "Burn firmware failed !" Please ensure the firmware file is valid and device work out correctly.
after this error messages , usb device VID_1f3a_PID_efe8 disappears from device manager.

i can load a13 rom to A13-OLinuXino with both software.
i download lime2 img file from web 2 times.

i also see a13 rom and a20 rom image file formats are different.
a13 rom file starts with 2a 99 a2...
a20 rom starts with IMAGEWTY

how could i update a20 lime2 with livesuit or phoenixsuit ?
Regards

markov85

Maybe I had a similar experience,

Just try to update the drivers - in the Device Manager , select the node for the selected usb device or device with exclamation corresponding to your board when hooked up to the PC. When asked to select a source, browse for the folder of your machine where the Phoenix suite is installed. If update occurs , do a restart of your PC afterwards.

I think that this is how I solved my problem. And remember it's better to restart your windows after any driver update or program that fiddles with the Windows registry.

Hope this helps.

markov85

Also , check your power source, I found that my olinuxino A20 lime2 4GB board is very capricious on the power levels.
I tried to use only my laptop as power source, using 2 USB ports as power source and stil got some freezez, hangs and spontenous reseting. Use 5V power adapter, 2A  AT LEAST!!! Also good quality one!!!

Also on another note, detach everything that is not needed on the board at that specific moment. Impying that only that only the power cable and the usb firmware update cable should be present. Everything else must go (other USB attachents, HDMI cables, etc).

Alli

Hi,
thanks for your replies,
i tried with 2 power supply, 4 cables then 5. cable work . very strange. thanks for your help again.

also is there any sdk available for android + linux for lime2 ?

Regards