Android OS crash

Started by biniyas, February 01, 2013, 10:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biniyas

Hi ,

I was running android on my A13-OlinuXino Wifi (Rev c) , my OS is loaded in NAND .But after number of turn offs without proper shutdown my OS got crashed.
Is there anything i can do to avoid this?

carlos61

Hi, I think that the probably solution is to FLASH again (update) the NAND FLASH with the Android image, using the LiveSuit program under Windows (the Linux version can't run into my Ubuntu PC).

You can download the LiveSuit from: "http://linux-sunxi.org/LiveSuit", click "Windows version LiveSuit" then download the "LiveSuitPack.exe". Finally you need to create a directory and move the EXE file into it. Double click the EXE file and this auto-extracts all the files into the directory.

Now you need the default Android prebuilt image, you can download from: "https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-bAEPML8fwlR3hSS0R5aHpoVmM" (228MB). Copy it into the directory of resides the LiveSuit program.

At this point, with the A13 board powered off, press and hold the "HOME" button, then turn on the A13 board and release the "HOME" button.

Now you have need to install the usb driver for the A13 board.

Connect the A13 board to your PC using a mini-usb cable, the PC say that's is present a new device with a "pid" and "vid" number. You can locate the drivers into the sub-directory "UsbDriver". Windows request two times the same driver.

When you finish the usb driver configuration, disconnect the usb cable from the A13 board, you are ready to flash the A13 board.

Run the "LiveSuit.exe" program, click the "SelectImg" button and select the "sun5i_android_a13-evb800x600_VGA_EN_SD.img" previous downloaded, connect the micro usb into the A13 board, you wait ten seconds because the PC reconnect your A13 board, then the LiveSuit detects the connected board and allows you to upgrade the board in about two minutes.

That's all...I hope you can be of help. ;)
(sorry if my English is not perfect)
Carlos