Board reboot: Huge Ssh/Donggle USB/Ethernet/ Kernel or * error.

Started by Autom01, May 14, 2013, 05:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autom01

Hello all,

I run into an huge issue with the olinuxino wifi.

I installed the official image. I stard the board with the official usb ethernet stuff.

I got 4 olinux board. 4 screens. 4 screens connectors. 1 dongle.

When we try to cut/paste with scp a whole directory (an jetty server), the board freeze. The screen... goes mad, and eventually, reboot.

We got only ONE board, where all the process run without issue.
1) The same OS (same sd card) is used for all the board.
2) The same dongle is used for all the board.

Can you advise some test i can run to test the card ? I'm out of ideas :(.

Thx in advance,

iso9660

In my experience most of the freezes of any ARM board can be produced by two main reasons:

1.- The board is poorly powered. If the board has no integrated USB hub I recommend to use a 5V@2A power supply, whenever the board needs 5V to be powered. If the board has integrated USB hub I recommend to use 5V@3A power supply.

2.- The USB cables being used are no HI-SPEED USB certified. Using non USB HI-SPEED certified cables makes a huge difference, driving ocasionaly your system to strange behaviors and freezes.

To worsen things many power supplies don't meet the specifications they claim, and many USB cables are of a lower quality than expected. So in the case of the power supplies it's a very good advise to buy the one the board's povider sells and to try to buy USB HI-SPEED certified cables.

Autom01

Yes, we checked that too. But... my configuration is working with my first card bought from Olimex. All the other freeze. With the same power supply, same cable, same self powered usb hub...

Rly dont understand, it seems that ssh make the tcp stack fail. Rly dont know why...

Autom01

asix_rx_fixup() bad header length

This is the trace of the kernel when i use SSH using the usb dongle provided by Olimex.

Is this normal ? dont think so...

diegor71

I've the same problem. With a different usb ethernet adapter everything works fine. And the same problem happens to a friend with the same hardware.

The problem seems be triggered randomly during transfer.

Autom01

My board now reboot with the integrated wifi. I still run with the official linux.
Any suggestion to solve ?