May 09, 2024, 10:20:28 PM

Recent posts

A20 / Re: LIME2 Rev.L lock-up freeze...
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 02:48:31 PM
Compare the BOMs (Bill-Of-Materials) to confirm what is the part. But I doubt change in MCP120T475I-TT to MCP121T475I-TT can be any sort of issue.

Improper timings for the RAM memory are more likely. Are the boards and revisions properly listed at start of boot process? Like does it say:

CPU:   Allwinner A20 (SUN7I)
ID:    A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 Rev.L
ESP32 / Re: ESP32-POE: esp_eth_driver_...
Last post by DirkB19 - Today at 02:43:29 PM
@LubOlimex,

Thanks for the support, now it works.
I was getting a little desperate  ;D
Because first I overlooked your tip to enable PSRAM ... this is definitely needed to make it work.
I would document this in Wiki or Documentation for other noobs like me who will encounter this.
Thanks,
DirkB19
A20 / Re: LIME2 Rev.L lock-up freeze...
Last post by mbosschaert - May 08, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
I'm also still having these freezes with all of my Rev.L boards when a SATA HD (Or SSD) is connected, this is irrespective of the Olimex-debian version, the power supply, lipo connected, etc.

From this conversation I understand that Rev.K2 used to be stable with this respect.

Most important changes to consequtive versions of the board concern RAM, eMMC and the power supervisors. As I'm not using EMMC, and the suggestion that it is a power-handling problem make me consider to replace the power-supervisor component back to the one which is used in Rev.K2. Reading the revision document however confuses me a bit. On line 201 (Rev.K1) is stated that MCP121T475I-TT is used, however on line 215 (Rev.L) is stated that U14 is changed from MCP120T475I-TT to MCP121T475I-TT. The latter suggests that Rev.K1 has MCP120T475I-TT on U14. Or did I miss something here?

@LubOlimex, could you confirm this?

As around U14 there is sufficient space on the board I think exchanging this component should be possible.

Does this sound as test worthwile or is the idea not realistic or completely insane... ?
A64 / Re: Bookworm upgrade availabil...
Last post by mbosschaert - May 08, 2024, 01:34:41 PM
As for whom it may be relevant, now, halve a year after installing bookworm from scratch on a lime2 board, is is still rock-solid. Even better, homeassistant-supervised is stable and the regular updates install without any issues. If someone is interesed in the installation process for homeassistant, just drop me a personal message
Last post by LubOlimex - May 08, 2024, 10:20:08 AM
I use latest ESP32 package which appears to be version 3.0.0-rc1. Changed the defines of default example at start to:

// Important to be defined BEFORE including ETH.h for ETH.begin() to work.
// Example RMII LAN8720 (Olimex, etc.)
#ifndef ETH_PHY_TYPE
#define ETH_PHY_TYPE        ETH_PHY_LAN8720
#define ETH_PHY_ADDR        0
#define ETH_PHY_MDC        23
#define ETH_PHY_MDIO        18
#define ETH_PHY_POWER      12
#define ETH_CLK_MODE        ETH_CLOCK_GPIO0_OUT
#endif

Also reduced delay at end to 1000:

void loop()
{
  if (eth_connected) {
    testClient("google.com", 80);
  }
  delay(1000);
}

The board I selected is "Olimex ESP32-POE" and then changed PSRAM to enabled. Uploaded and it seems to work fine.
AVR / Re: AVR-ISP MK2 Failed to get ...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 08, 2024, 08:12:50 AM
It should be some sort of driver issue. libusb-win32 is fine as I've tested previously.

It feels like this same problem: https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=5975.0
Last post by LubOlimex - May 08, 2024, 08:09:56 AM
I will test it again later today and if it works here I will give you instructions on what I use and what I did.

It is important to notice each ESP32-POE2 is tested empirically and the Ethernet is part of the test. Even if there is a problem it is not related to the hardware.

Edit: I found the issue - the board comes with ESP32-WROVER-E module. The information everywhere says it comes with WROOM but upon checking empirically the product it comes with ESP32-WROVER-E-N4R8. This causes two pin difference since WROVER module has PSRAM (and the PSRAM requires two pins extra). This is visible in the schematic top left corner of Ethernet box - now eMAC clock is GPIO0, not GPIO17.
AVR / AVR-ISP MK2 Failed to get inte...
Last post by poporacer - May 08, 2024, 04:02:25 AM
I have an Olimex AVR-ISP MK2 and I haven't used it in a while and I am now on another computer, and I am getting the above error when I try to apply the settings to read a device  using Atmel Studio 7.0.2594.

I "downgraded" the driver for the debugger to libusb-win32 version 1.2.6.0 Driver date 1/27/2016. In the driver instructions it show a pic of the correct drivers. The drivers for the MK2 match, but the device type does not. The "correct" device type is showing as Atmel USB Devices and mine is showing up as libusb-win32 devices. I don't think the type should matter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Last post by DirkB19 - May 07, 2024, 09:58:14 PM
Quote from: LubOlimex on May 07, 2024, 08:25:22 AM2.0.14 and  2.0.16 should require nothing extra. If it doesn't work out-of-the-box with  2.0.14 and  2.0.16 then the problem is with the Arduino package installation (it sometimes bugs out when you switch between newer and older versions of packages), this might require full reinstall or manual deletion.

I removed the ESP32 from the boardmanager, then removed ARDUINO IDE app from my PC. Then reinstalled ARDUINO IDE 2.3.2, then added the ESP32 2.0.14 board, then closed Arduino IDE, then re-opened Arduino IDE. THen selected the ETH_LAN8720 example, compile and download ==> same problem. Added delay of 4s in right after Serial.begin(115200) ==> same problem.
New board is quite useless for now as Ethernet connection is the only reason I bought it.
UEXT / Re: MOD-RFID1356MIFARE - Attac...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 07, 2024, 04:35:50 PM
Did you first cut out the on-board antenna?

We haven't tested external antenna ourselves, nor have we provided any instructions how it should be done.

We designed the on-board antenna after public document AN<10447_1> PN532 demoboard - look for the information for PCB1648-1.

Maybe disconnect the on-board antenna and measure how much microhenry it is and see if your external antenna is similar.