doubt in: /lib/modules/3.4.75+/build

Started by SJD22, May 15, 2014, 03:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJD22

Hi,

I want to install a driver but I always get an error: "/lib/modules/3.4.75+/build: build no such file or directory".

Where should "/lib/modules/3.4.75+/build" link point to? At this time build is pointing to "/home/gogo/A13_kernel_no_staging/linux-sunxi".

Thanks in advance.

vinifr

What you mean with 'install'? modprobe? What is the driver?

SJD22

it's a driver for 3G Modem.

I've a "Makefile" and I use "make" to install the driver.

SJD22

I still have the same error and I don't know how to fix it...

My "/lib/modules/3.4.75+/build" link is broken and poiting to  -> /home/gogo/a13_kernel_34_no_staging/linux-sunxi

Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance!

SJD22

Nobody helps with this issue? :(

I need to point /lib/modules/3.4.75+/build to the correct place in order to can install a driver!

scout_3pm

I'm amazed that nobody has responded !

Hi SJD22,

Here is what is happening:

/lib/modules/3.4.75+/build is a symbolic link to the build directory of your current linux kernel, which contains configuration and source code of your current linux kernel. As many systems deployed the source of the kernel is not copied to the device mainly because is not small in size. So you have one solution in two variants:

Download the linux kernel source and then:

1. Build a new kernel and based on those sources build the outside driver you want.

2. Rebuild your current kernel - this way you will have the build directory and can build the outside driver you want.

For information how to obtain linux kernel source for A13 and build it check the olimex blog or wiki.

Good Luck !