A20 Android 7"LCD TS sleep mode

Started by Panda, July 17, 2015, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda

Just got the board to build a alarm clock with android 4.2.2 and am pretty new to android programming.
My problem is that the screen wont turn off after x minutes or with pressing any button and there is no setting for it
Is there a simple way to add a "sleep mode" that turns off the screen?

dave-at-axon

On my system I set the display timeout to 2 mins and the screen turns off. As long as there is DC power and not just on battery, the system only switches off the screen.

Touching the screen brings it back on.

Panda

Thank you for the reply, I did some testing and figured out that the screen turns of of I don't connect the touch sensitive screen layer to the LCD, then it works flawless. However when i boot with the system with the touch layer connected it does turn off.
For some weird reason it works now, disconnected the entire screen and reconnected it, maybe it was not plugged in correctly (several times) :-\

dave-at-axon

You have to be careful with the installation when using resistive types. Certain mounting can exert pressure on the panel and register a false touch with enough signal for the ADC to detect it and assume there is a touch.