A20-OLinuXino-MICRO VGA connector and Android

Started by IVELIT, October 20, 2013, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVELIT

Does Android supports VGA connector or I miss something?
HDMI works fine as expected.

Lurch

You missed something.
Take a look at the Products/Cables section.  There's an adapter cable for the mini 6pin VGA.

IVELIT

Well, cable is already attached, but the video signal seems to be out of displays resolution range or something. There is no picture except RGB stripes, five or six of them on black background. First I thought that must be some kind of synchronization problem. But the cable connection is correct. Then I try with different displays. It doesn't helped much either. Probably the correct signal is not coming trough or Android doesn't support VGA contact. Did you try to connect VGA display running Android? If it works for you then my card must be faulty.

IVELIT

Hi

I got the answer on my problem from LubOlimex-Global Moderator

Hey there,

At the moment we don't have a ready image for the Android for the VGA connector and cable. The VGA had been tested under Debian Linux only where it works fine with simple script execution.

The fex configuration in the Android has to be adjusted according to the guide here: http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide ([disp_init] part). After this is done the image has to be rebuilt with the new bin (created from the fex via a fex to bin tool). We haven't tested it, however.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

retecom

just tried the vga-cable. on 1024x768 i saw the pinguins but no tty for login. on 800x600 tty works but always got really bad noise