Schematics not opening in Kicad

Started by yugandharbabu, November 24, 2023, 08:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yugandharbabu

Hello All,

Greeting for the day!

In the below link, I am not able to open schematics in Kicad but layout is opening fine, Can some one help me providing correct project in Kicad.

https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/STMP1/STMP157-OLinuXino-LIME2/open-source-hardware

Thanks in Advance.

LubOlimex

This is the project that we use during production.

Which version of KiCAD exactly are you using? Is there any message when you are trying to open the schematics?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

yugandharbabu

LubOlimex

The project was made with older version but it should work fine with version 7, at least it does here when I test with version 7.

It works fine with KiCAD 7 just when opening the schematic you'd get pop up "Project Rescue Helper" - just close it from the "X" in the corner.

What is the error message that you get or explain what doesn't seem to work at your side?

yugandharbabu

When I close the popup, the KiCad application itself closed.

LubOlimex

I believe this can be some issue with your KiCAD installation - try reinstalling KiCAD, maybe try older release. When opening the design make sure you have downloaded all design files from the GitHub. Here you can see a picture where I have opened the same design and schematic with KiCAD 7.0.5 without any issues or glitches so the files are fine: