AllWinner poor support - Olimex I need your help

Started by dave-at-axon, January 19, 2015, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave-at-axon

Well this is just great.

I did extensive testing and emailed Allwinner about this clock issue I was seeing and they came back, asked some questions and then replied that they don't do direct technical support. That is just crap as far as I am concerned as the likes of TI and Samsung have given great support.

Anyway, I need someone from Olimex design team to contact them and see if you can find out about the clock output to the LCD and why it is appearing as a SINE WAVE with offset voltage levels and not the expected 0 to 3.3V swing I was expecting.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

JohnS

I gather that AW at most support those who deal direct with them, buying serious quantities.  They don't claim to be like TI or Samsung as far as I can see.  Olimex more or less said this on their blog (wordpress) ages ago, too.  It can cause trouble for people like you, the linux-sunxi crowd, and me if some issue needs info or help but that's just the AW way.  I suppose you never read the various statements about how AW carry on business.  With very cheap mass-produced CPUs there can be some surprises, sadly.

If you look at the signal on an Android tablet is it the same?  You could even buy a few extremely cheaply, maybe on ebay, that work but have cracked screens.

If it's not the same sine wave then the Android sources may eventually yield a setting in some register that does what you need.  If it is the same then maybe the tablets' hardware has the answer(s).

John