A20 weather staiton

Started by andrea76, January 14, 2016, 09:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea76

Hi,

my dream is to built a simple weather station. To start, I would like to buy A20-OLinuXino-LIME (33€) and sensors like the temperature sensor SNS-TMP10K.

Can I attach the SNS-TMP10K to the LIME on GPIOs? I'm completely newbie in this field.

The power is not a problem, the A20 will be 24/24h attached to my power line.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

LubOlimex

Hey andrea76,

Generally speaking, you can add sensors to A20-OLinuXino-LIME. Further more, the latest Debian images have UART, I2C, SPI support enabled - the software part would also be fairly easy to accomplish.

More specifically, I don't recommend A20-OLinuXino-LIME for your project since the GPIO headers have tiny step - 0.05" inch and SNS-TMP10K has JST connector. This might make the hardware connection hard for a beginner. You would probably also need an adapter like this one (https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A10/A10-OLinuXino-LIME-UEXT/open-source-hardware) and cables for it (which are sold separately).

I would recommend you A20-OLinuXino-MICRO for such a task that involves adding external peripherals. You should probably also a set of jumper wires (if you don't have any). This way you can attach different sensors to the board easier.

Best regardsm
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex