Edit init.sun7i.rc

Started by adinu, June 07, 2014, 07:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adinu

Hi guys,

I have a .ko module and I want android to load it on boot. It's my understandig that I need to add an insmod line in the init.sun7i.rc file. I pull the file out with adb pull, edit it and push it back in, but when I reboot, the file restores back to the original and the module doesn't load. If I manually insmod the module it works fine, but I would have to do it with every reboot.
Does anyone know a proper way to make persistent changes to the init.sun7i.rc file? Or maybe suggest another way to auto-load the module?

Thanks!
Adrian

dave-at-axon

A few of us have tried to edit a number of the Android files and failed as they where in the boot sector but init.sun71.rc should work as I have done this before myself.

Failing that you may have to consider building the OS yourself as that way you get all the modifications you need.

adinu

On what image have you successfully edited init.sun7i.rc? I tried it with the NAND Android 4.2.2 Olimex provides and I could edit it but it restores the original file with every reboot, so it's useless.

I have built the OS myself and the module works fine, since I included the source code into the linux kernel. The thing is I wanted to also make it work with the original image from Olimex because everything works in that image, which they do NOT provide the source for... Your blog helped me a lot, by the way, so thank you for that and for your answer :D.
Adrian