Select Product Variant
|50 - 99 pcs||47.04 EUR|
|100 - 499 pcs||46.08 EUR|
|500 - 999 pcs||45.12 EUR|
|1000 - 10000 pcs||44.16 EUR|
A20-SOM204 is a System-on-Chip module, which contains A20 Dual Core Cortex-A7 processor, power managment unit AXP209, 1GB DDR3 memory. This SOM board can have up to 64GB eMMC flash memory (eXXG) and/or 16MB seral flash memory (s16M).
A20-SOM204-1G - 1GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet
A20-SOM204-1G-M - 1GB RAM, Megabit Ethernet
A20-SOM204-1Gs16Me16G-MC - 1GB RAM, 16MB SPI Flash, 16GB eMMC, Crypto engine, Gigabit and Megabit Ethernet
T2-SOM204-1G-I - 1GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet, Industrial
T2-SOM204-1Gs16Me4G-C-I - 1GB RAM, 16MB SPI Flash, 4GB eMMC, Crypto engine, Gigabit Ethernet, Industrial
T2-SOM204-1Gs16Me8G-MC-I - 1GB RAM, 16MB SPI Flash, 8GB eMMC, Crypto, Gigabit and Megabit Ethernet, Industrial
Suffix -I means that the components of the System-on-Module are picked for industrial temperature range of operation (-40°C to 85°C). Lack of suffix "-I" means that the board is suitable for commercial temperature range of operation (0-70)°C.
Reference design SOM204-EVB with CAN, SATA, PCIe, USB3.0, USB-OTG, USB2.0 HOST, VGA, HDMI, Audio In/Out, 2 Mpix Camera, Gigabit and Megabit Ethernet connectors are available with Eagle CAD files, so everyone can modify and tailor to his needs. Templates for A20-SOM204 receiptacle done in Eagle and KiCAD are available.
- Allwinner A20 dual core Cortex-A7 processor, each core typically running at 1GHz
- AXP209 PMU IC
- 1GB DDR3 memory
- Gigabit Ethernet (default option)
- (option) eMMC memory (4G or 8G)
- (option) 16MB SPI flash (marked as -s16M-)
- (option) Megabit Ethernet (-M option)
- (option) Crypto engine (-C option)
- Status LED
- 204 pin SO-DIMM signals near the PCB edge
- 40-pin LCD flat cable connector
- 12-pin GPIO flat cable connector
- Dimensions: (67 x 84 x 5) mm
- Operating temperature: (0-70)°C for A20-SOM204XXX
- Operating temperature: (-40+85)°C for A20-SOM204XXX-I
- Can I get both GbE and MbE ports working at the same time?
We haven't been able to get both Ethernet ports working at the same time ourselves. For the moment we believe that it is not possible to have them working simultaneously. The Allwinner documentation made us believe that it is possible but after a lot of testing we concluded that the documentation is missing to mention some hidden multiplexing. For the moment, you can have either the GbE or the MbE working at a time, you can run script to switch between one or the other.
Of course, you can add external Ethernet to the board via standard communication interface. Maybe the easiest way would be via USB-Ethernet adapter, something like this: https://www.olimex.com/Products/USB-Modules/USB-ETHERNET-AX88772B/
- Is there Android or Linux loaded on the eMMC?
- How can I get this board working stand-alone when there is no OS loaded on the eMMC?
You can't get it easily working stand-alone (unlike our other A20 desgins). The A20-SOM204 board is meant for people already familiar with Allwinner A20 and experienced with other Olimex A20 boards that want to downsize their project. If you are evaluating the design first get A20-SOM204-EVB.